• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which is....

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
more powerful?

Yamato (DMC) or Oboro Muramasa (Muramasa the Demon Blade)

The Yamato is used to open and close dimenional gates or the Oboro Muramasa which is so sharp it can cut through the threads of fate and change history?

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is a little more to Yamato than that.

It's said that the Yamato can cut through anything. The characters that compose the name Yamato, 閻魔刀, have double meaning. 閻魔, Yama, is the way you write the name of Enma, judge of death in Buddhism. Yama-To can translate to Sword of Yama/Enma. If I'm not mistaken 閻魔 Enma is the Hindu judge of dead that judges your sins and determines what hell you belong in. Enma (閻魔) or Yama (यम), same person, Enma is just what he is know as in Japan.

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
There is a little more to Yamato than that.

It's said that the Yamato can cut through anything. The characters that compose the name Yamato, 閻魔刀, have double meaning. 閻魔, Yama, is the way you write the name of Enma, judge of death in Buddhism. Yama-To can translate to Sword of Yama/Enma. If I'm not mistaken 閻魔 Enma is the Hindu judge of dead that judges your sins and determines what hell you belong in. Enma (閻魔) or Yama (यम), same person, Enma is just what he is know as in Japan.
ya learn something new everyday....who woulda thunk?

Top Bottom