• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which is more likely?

Which will Capcom do first?

• Devil Mat Cry 5

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Remake past game(s)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Portable DMC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

What do you think Capcom will do concerning DMC first? Remake an old one, make a portable game, or DMC5?

Meg

I think DMC5 is the most likely to, but the other two have been tossed around, so who knows. :unsure: I won't be surprised if a remake does happen at some point though.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Apparently remakes cost too much, and developers aren't over-happy by doing it... then again, look at all the Resi remakes Capcom have thrown out...

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
It should be DMC5.

If a remake is coming it will probably be of DMC2 or DMC1.

Though if DMC1 remake is coming it will be a fighter as the picture they show a long time ago

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Devil May Cry 5,they just really need to explain the whole Yamato and Nero thing...or atleast get on with the story already.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Take into account that there are games out there that have waited TEN YEARS for sequels... bummer, I know... and personally, i think Capcom may value their fans (or their fans money) a bit more than that.
Who knows, perhaps there is more chance of... England winning the World Cup :lol: (it has been over 40 years...)

Osaka

trollololol
I think they need to give the fans what they want and hurry up about it! Well actually don't hurry because I'd like DMC5 to be pretty much a perfect game. Now is that too much to ask?
Oh and also, I don't want to play as two characters who basically fight the same damn enemies and tread the same damn path. Couldn't they have at least given dante something different?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
DMC5, however that's looking more unlikely everyday.
(or maybe I'm just an impatient b*tch?)

*gets depressed*

Mutull

I'm really hoping for 5 first, since remakes cost a lot of money to make. I wouldn't mind a portable one, though, either.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Osaka;246981 said:
So does anyone have any idea how much a remake supposedly costs then?

I'd have thought it'd cost less, because all of the designs and concept work have already been done - all they have to do is port these ideas to better graphics and sound. Or add a few little extras or whatever. I suppose the cost would depend on the technology the remake would use at the time. If it was something new - like at the release of a new console with better capabilities, such as the Resident Evil remake on GC - it might cost a lot more than the original. But otherwise, how can it cost a whole lot more when you're not paying as much for design time... all the time taken to write scripts and stories and design characters and environments? Fighting game series are much like partial remakes in my view, they come out with better graphics each time but often contain the same stuff and the same moves/characters. That's why they churn out so many maybe.

I can't see a DMC remake anytime soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom