• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which is 'cooler'? Gilgamesh or Beowulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
This thread doesn't go with 'which is better?' But rather it's a choice of 'which is cooler?' I come up with this topic after reading some comments about Gilgamesh being just an enhanced devil arm of Beowulf. But it's just them who said it though. :)

I'm aware Gilgamesh and Beowulf don't go in the same track when it comes to their element. But the appearance of each is what really matters as both are 'A set of gauntlets and greaves', only that Gilgamesh has mask.

If you're feeling like to compare them as to why you pick 'this' instead from the other one, feel free to make your stand. I respect them and besides, this is just a matter of personal preference xD

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Karen_Azalea;206931 said:
after reading some comments about Gilgamesh being just an enhanced devil arm of Beowulf.

And Beowolf was just an enhanced devil arm of Ifrit which looked and felt cooler than both IMO.
I thought Gilgamesh looked very cool in the trailers (kind of made Dante look like Shredder from TMNT lol) but it only looked cool I found it very slow, awkward and boring compared to Beowolf. But Beowolf looks really puny compared to the others.

So IDK the only one I liked was Ifrit.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
Darth Angelo;206938 said:
And Beowolf was just an enhanced devil arm of Ifrit which looked and felt cooler than both IMO.
I thought Gilgamesh looked very cool in the trailers (kind of made Dante look like Shredder from TMNT lol) but it only looked cool I found it very slow, awkward and boring compared to Beowolf. But Beowolf looks really puny compared to the others.

So IDK the only one I liked was Ifrit.
I'm with you about the Ifrit. In fact, Ifrit was supposed to be in the option but I changed my mind. Knowing how Ifrit has been a great devil arm in the game, I'm afraid the other two will be given less importance against it. xD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I'll go with Beowulf hands down.You can't go wrong with a devil arm that posses Hokuto Shinken moves and good ol Street Fighter[Ryu,Ken and Akuma's style] moves.Every time the multi punch attack is I can't help but imagine Dante saying : "ATATATATATATATATATATA.Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken[Big Dipper Hundred Crack Fist].You are already DEAD."

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
CHAOSBRINGER546;206947 said:
LOL ILL GO WITH IFRIT IT LOOKS COOL AND IS AN ORIGONAL WEPON LOL
Sure it's cool but it's not in the option.

Do you have your pick just between the two? ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
Gilgamesh! I LOVE IT!
Gilgamesh is the name of one of my favorite FF characters and it looks awesome and ofc it is the most damaging and pretty fast when you know how to use it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Beowulf, but only in the more capable hands of Vergil. That thing kicks some major ass with such a skilled warrior controlling it!

Sparda™

Beowulf.

Strangely, Vergil has more raw attacks and a surprising retreat-trick move. Dante uses It quite slowly.

Meg

I like Beowulf better. While the Epic of Gilgamesh is a much better story with better character development I personally think-
I'm just kidding. Honestly though, I had more fun using Beowulf. I didn't care for any of Dante's weapons (excluding the usual ones) in DMC4 actually.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Beowulf.

I really enjoy using it. Gilgamesh - meh, I can't even remember what it does!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. beowulf ( with virgil)
2. gilgamesh
2. beowulf ( with dante)

ifrit is cooler than the others but not an option. it whould be great if ifrit was brought back with a larger moveset. of course it whould have to have the original gauntlet combo. but it whould be good if it had more moves added on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom