• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Engine?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I won't pretend to fuly understand the ins and outs of modern gaming engines, but it's to my understanding that Epic Games' Unreal Engine is capable of some very impressive things. It seems to be the first choice for most every games development company -- Ninja Theory included -- nowadays that doesn't fancy building their own in-house framework from scratch, and is meant to be relatively affordable and provide great results.

If only because I know next to nothing about competing engines, I'll vote for Epic's latest Unreal tech. Mind you, Capcom's own MT Framework has always left me gobsmacked, where visuals are concerned. I wouldn't mind seeing the first three Devil May Cry games re-done using Capcom's latest build of the MT Framework, to be honest.

Dante47

I like Unreal a lot. I've even used the UDK. It's a very powerful engine, and has aged very well, which MT Framework hasn't. But then again, MT Framework 2.0 looks very impressive.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Unreal Engine for sure...or Frostbite (is that it? The one used for Battlefield) not sure y but I'm surious to c what everybody would look like...

johnjeni33

RAGE's strengths are many. Its ability to handle large streaming worlds, complex A.I. arrangements, weather effects, fast network code and a multitude of gameplay styles will be obvious to anyone who has played GTA IV. It's also incredibly welcoming of partner middleware. Euphoria from NaturalMotion, a dynamic animation engine, bonded with RAGE like they'd been split at birth (a feat LucasArts were unable to achieve with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed), as did the Bullet physics engine from Erwin Coumans. And it is still so young: accurate physics, ecosystem A.I. and improved draw distance are just some of the improvements we'll see in RAGE over the coming months.

Top Bottom