• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When Seagulls Cry: Golden Witch's Riddle

Railazel

Alright, my first mystery fanfic in a long time... This is going to be a challenge.

A quick intro to the series, When Seagulls Cry (Umineko no Naku Koro ni) is a mystery visual novel detailing the conflicts (games) between a witch named Beatrice and a young man named Battler.

The problem with the novel is that there are a few different writing styles in it so mimicking it is like copying the work of different authors and putting them into one story.

However, what will make this fun is that this is a game between me and you. I'll write the story according to how quickly you respond to each chapter. The faster a chapter is solved, the harder the mysteries get. If you have the answer inbox it to me.

I hope you guys will have fun with this.
---------------------------

Game 1

Maria was out in the gazebo of the family's Rose Garden. The garden was nothing short of an artistic assortment of roses of all child from around the world. The gazebo was placed in the middle and was raised a few levels above ground so that alone sitting in it could see the whole of the garden. The gazebo itself was given a Victorian deign to provide a somewhat romantic atmosphere: a space for two lovers to enjoy each other while in the midst of a sea of roses. At least that's the impression but the owner of said garden wouldn't agree to that as it's purpose but it probably was at some point in his youth.

The young girl, singing a happy tune, was waiting for her friend to arrive. They do this every year when she comes to visit: she would wait for her friend to arrive- singing a song to call her over- and, when she comes, she would show Maria wonderful and magical things. After all, her friend is a witch.

After about ten minutes of waiting, Maria broke a huge smile as she saw the figure of her friend in the distance. A tall woman whose presence exuded regality and power. Her brown ballgown dress as elegant as the blonde of her long, wavy hair.

"You came!" Cheered Maria as she ran to hug her.

"Indeed, I am here." The woman hugged her gently in return. "How has my apprentice been?"

"Maria has been good. Look!" Maria looked inside her purse and pulled out some candy. "I brought this for you."

"Thank you." The woman smiled. "I'll cherish it until I eat it. Now, I have something for you in return."

"What is it this time?" Maria asked excitedly.

"A chess puzzle. I know you're smart girl, aren't you Maria?"

"Uu~ uu~"

"Then you should be able to get this one very easily."

They sat down on the table and her friend set up the pieces. "White goes first, you have to mate the king within three moves. You think you got it?"

diagram040.jpg

http://chess-king.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/diagram040.jpg

Maria took a moment to think, getting a little excited when she found the answer. "I could do it in one!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom