• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

whats ur fear?

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
we were talking about this is another thread and it seemed like something interesting. simple topic..name ur fear, if u can name the actual term for that fear u get rep points from me...and if u want u can go ahead and attempt to tell me why u have that fear..i personally cant explain my phobia but i have a fear of sharks..selachophobia to be exact. i dont know why im afraid of them but i think it might have something to do with seeing the movie jaws at a young age..lol

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I'm definately afraid of roaches. We had'em bad in an old house we lived in. But what caused it was that when I was very little, I was sitting in the back of my mom's old ford, buick... my grandma lived in a heavy wooded area, and roaches are known to be in areas such as that. I had a drink that I had on the floor and I went to drink it. After I had taken a sip I noticed something was moving wildly in my mouth so I spat my drink onto the floor and this big black thing crawled out onto the ground. I screamed as if I were being kidnapped.

I really had no idea what it was so it basically scared me. I LOVE spiders. I can pretty much tolerate snakes. I like holding them alot, but I CANNOT stand roaches. I'm like those women in those old Tom and Jerry cartoons on a chair screaming, "KILL IT! KILL IT!" xD We have tons of weird bugs down here, but roaches seem to be the only kind that bothers me. I can't sleep knowing there is one in the house.

I now live in a new house and we haven't seen a roach or spider since. I like spiders cause they are good with killing other pests, but roaches... yuck! No! I once stepped on one barefooted. Worse thing EVER! >___<

Another fear I have is being touched... by people I don't know. I'm not really germaphobic, but with people nowadays who knows what nasty places their hands have been. Yuck... I'm not sexist, but it was mainly brought on by men, so I don't really like having them touch me a little too much, unless it's a friend giving me a hug. I'm also a bit erotiphobic. But both that and the touching is a long story...

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I am terrified of needles (as in syringes, not sewing). This is the reason I can't give blood or anything: I hyperventilate then faint. I am also somewhat arachnaphobic.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I've had so much blood drawn, Dracula would starve. I'm not a huge fan of'em either. I become very ill and pale when I get blood drawn sometimes. It's like the air in the room gets incredibly hot while I feel cold.

But... I never really had feeling of fear from needles. They just sting to me... that's all.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i have canineaphobia, the fear of dogs, because a few years ago my brother got attacked by one(not too badly), i was just walking nice and normally, didn't see a dog and it came for me, didn't get me because i fell over and it didn't see me as a threat anymore, and also when you watch new you see "dog killed" someone, but you rarely if ever see "cat killed" i also have a fear of the unknown especially when it is with water because you never know what could happen, and i hate it, nothing bad has ever happened to provoke it, it just happened

Janny

Dines with dementia
VI-Rainbow;67794 said:
I LOVE spiders. I can pretty much tolerate snakes. I like holding them alot, but I CANNOT stand roaches. I'm like those women in those old Tom and Jerry cartoons on a chair screaming, "KILL IT! KILL IT!" xD We have tons of weird bugs down here, but roaches seem to be the only kind that bothers me. I can't sleep knowing there is one in the house.
Care to trade fears? :unsure: I hate spiders with a passion but can tolerate other bugs. I can stand a big looking tarantula but daddy-longlegs scare the bejesus out of me. I suppose I think anything that small and crawly will sneak up in my clothes.

I'm also claustrophobic (fear of tight spaces). Put me inside a tiny elevator and I'll hyperventilate like a Dante fangirl. >_<

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I hate spiders >_<, I can't be in the same room as one without thinking there all crawling on me. The worst part of them is the way they walk, slow and creepy. I get creeps just saying that >_<. Also I nearly faint I see a massive spider.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Bad Wolf;67833 said:
I am terrified of needles (as in syringes, not sewing). This is the reason I can't give blood or anything: I hyperventilate then faint. I am also somewhat arachnaphobic.

Same here! Hate needles! They freak me out! I also dislike spiders...

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
rep added to all, i didnt think so many ppl would have the coconuts to actually post their fears..lol, personally i simpithize with some of u guys that are afraid with spiders..im not myself although i should be..ive been bitten god knows how many times and ended up in the hospital cuz the bite got infected..NOT FUN!!!

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Yeah. Getting bitten by spiders is not cool. Especially if it's one that has poison. Not all of'em are, but they all can bite and if it's not taken care of the area of where you're bitten will become very infected and of course of it's poisonous, will make you very sick and kill you if not treated.

My brother was bitten by a brown recluse when he was at my dad's house. Of course the old fart didn't bring him to the doctor.... so he got a bad infection and had a whole chunk of the area of where he was bitten removed with no numbing medican or anything. My brother's a pretty tough guy, but he cried pretty badly from this. I would have too. Just worse. xD

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
dang..thats not cool..im sorry to hear that man, ive had alot of surgery in my life but nothing like having parts of my body taken off...that sucks...and a brown recluse..one of the worlds most venomous spiders..i saw that on venom ER on animal planet..lol

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
and actually now that i think of it..they said on animal planet that all spiders are poisonous..the only reason that ppl assume they arent is because not all spiders can pass their venom onto humans..or in some cases the venom is so weak that it dosnt cause any abnormal status to the body. atleast not if treat quickly, at most they cause infections or minor pain and redness around the bite

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
im afraid of dark black water with no one in it its kinda creepy.
i also hate roach's and rats, my mom is a artist so when i was like 8 she traveled to the maya village's in baliese and we stayed there for a week, the whole family went. i dont even know how they can stand sleeping....when your laying on your bed you look at the ceiling and you see about 50 rats living up there...and roach's all over the walls...anyway so this one time it was like 2 in the morning i woke up i had to pee so bad! so i took a flashlight went into there bathroom....which is a well :p and all i could see was about probably more then 500 roach's of every kind! so what i did was aim the light at every direction so they would go away cause they hate light but im not kidding you coulnt even see the walls or floor it was just roachis in there..so that pretty much shock't me with roach's.....and the last day we were there we were bathing in there lake which thats there bath and we saw this NASTY dead beaver or something floating right next to us EWW!...after that we left :p..but im not really afraid of rats or roach's just more gross't out by them.

Devil Razer

Drifter
I have a bit of Myrmecophobia. Its not too bad. I can tolerate ants but i woul prefer not t. The on their own is fine. but swarmed crawling all over each other *shudders*

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Yeah i just moved into a new apartment in orlando and there is SOOOO many ANTS! all over the floors and when im sleeping i get ant bites!
i gues Florida has allot of ants?

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Devil Razer;68885 said:
I have a bit of Myrmecophobia. Its not too bad. I can tolerate ants but i woul prefer not t. The on their own is fine. but swarmed crawling all over each other *shudders*

Yeah I don't mind them on there own but when there's alot of them it's horrible.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
added, i woulda done it yesterday but my brother was over and we were attempting to beat dmc4 together..it didnt happen..man..as much as i love dante, he's difficult to play with on this one

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I have a fear of water, not small amounts but if was dropped into the sea or ocean I think i'd die of shock before I hit the water, just the thought of being stuck out in the ocean, hundreds of miles of water around and no sight of land, not to mention wtf is underneath you.

Oh and about spiders, my sis can't stand them, i'm dif however, because if my sis was like "get that huge spider of the wall" I would with my hands Y'know, there no biggy to me, just don't talk about oceans .lol.

Top Bottom