• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you do to rewrite this in style of The Crow?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We got that Neo Dante look. That would've been kept.

Plus find a way to keep the brothers as enemies first until allies later.

Plus the bosses need to be better. I mean demons disguising as humans.

The final boss should be something Brad Dourif-style.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The crow (comics) are usually people or in case an animal brought back to avenge someone. So I'd create a new character and have them go on a revenge quest. They run into Dante and Kat who are either reluctant enemies or uneasy allies at first. The chief suspect is his brother but the evidence is circumstantial.

Their names are Tony and Paul which are the original names for Dante and Vergil when DMC was an RE project.

PS. please think before you post @Ronin. It's hard to make sense of what you wrote.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Sorry about that @V's patron.

What I'm talking about is using the Neo Dante look on Dante himself representing as the "Eric Draven" of "DmC". Instead of Vergil being the leader of the Order, how about a variety of new characters with Kat in the group? As DmC has a mix of angels & demons, have the leader be an archangel who leads them and that they're purpose is to find Sparda's brothers and bring them together against the enemy who is destroying the balance of creation - Satan himself.

The brothers are on opposite sides, but eventually they start to work together. But both go on different paths in finding themselves in the world.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Neo Dante makes him look like a carnival roadie so maybe he lives and protects a carnival? Some of them are supernaturally inclined or one of them is Dante's mentor?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Neo Dante makes him look like a carnival roadie so maybe he lives and protects a carnival? Some of them are supernaturally inclined or one of them is Dante's mentor?

Good you asked.

The leader of the Order is Dante's mentor. Think of him as Morpheus.

Dante will have more allies than just Kat. A technical expert & hacker who helps Dante finds secret areas and infiltrate a demon's hideout or base of operations.

Another can be a blacksmith for Devil Arms & Angel Arms.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sorry about that @V's patron.

What I'm talking about is using the Neo Dante look on Dante himself representing as the "Eric Draven" of "DmC". Instead of Vergil being the leader of the Order, how about a variety of new characters with Kat in the group? As DmC has a mix of angels & demons, have the leader be an archangel who leads them and that they're purpose is to find Sparda's brothers and bring them together against the enemy who is destroying the balance of creation - Satan himself.

The brothers are on opposite sides, but eventually they start to work together. But both go on different paths in finding themselves in the world.
It works.

Do you plan on having Vergil and Dante ending the game as rivals or do you wanna scrap that from the reboot?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It works.

Do you plan on having Vergil and Dante ending the game as rivals or do you wanna scrap that from the reboot?

Have them either friendly or archenemy rivalry between the brothers.

In the end of the game, Dante finds Eva's gravesite and her spirit would be like comforting him and reminding him that sometimes devils cry or devils never cry. He, Kat and a few other allies that survived the ordeal will rebuild his home into a new "Order". Naming the group after the words Eva left behind.

I don't know, trying to think of something like this at the end:

Top Bottom