• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will happen next

What will happen to the future of this franchise?

• Capcom will continue with DmC2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another developer will work on DmC2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BananaPie

So seeming as though none of us know what will be of the DMC Franchise for awhile to come, I thought that I should make a poll of the possible possibilities that this franchise will head to. Apologies if I miss a possible outcome. So vote up and discuss anything about this franchises future ahead. =D

...Yes I know i spelled sword wrong

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I wouldn't be surprised if NT made something else first even if Capcom gave them the go-ahead for DmC2, i imagine they'll want to get some breathing room after all of this drama, make something new that will showcase what they've learned from making DmC and then if Capcom still want them to make another game after that then we'll likely see DmC2 afterwards.

BananaPie

I wouldn't be surprised if NT made something else first even if Capcom gave them the go-ahead for DmC2, i imagine they'll want to get some breathing room after all of this drama, make something new that will showcase what they've learned from making DmC and then if Capcom still want them to make another game after that then we'll likely see DmC2 afterwards.

I assume so aswell, still waiting on the reveal of that project NT is currently working on

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
If the sales are any indication at all, I suspect Capcom will either give NT a break before letting them work on DmC2 or let DMC franchise wait before doing anything with it again.

Victormaru

Technologist
I would love for them to work on a DmC sequel as much as the rest of us but I'm sure they'll take a break from the franchise after all those complains and death threats, lol. Plus, they'd already given us the original Dante costume as DLC so they're probably like, "F--- these fans" right now. :p

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Worth saying: Ninja Theory doesn't hold the rights to Heavenly Sword, Sony does. If Sony wants to work on a Heavenly Sword sequel at any time with or without NT, they will.

Ninja Theory actually doesn't have the rights to any known IP right now. They more or less have to be contracted.

heyitschris

I hope that NT have the green light on DmC2. I want to see this universe expanded more, with the ending of VD and all, along with Kat and Dante's relationship. I would just be happy to see more Devil May Cry in any form.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC did some pretty cool things for this old franchise and it should be expanded upon. It could use some polish and that's what I'd prefer at least next. If Capcom resorts back to the original series so soon then you know they are just selling out and it'd be a bummer to all the people who did enjoy the reboot. Making a sequel to DmC with more polish would make everyone happy.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I personally think due to the sales right now that Capcom will let NT do other ventures before deciding to go along with DmC2.

In the mean time I would like to see Capcom give the old canon 1 more chance by developing DMC5 and listening to a lot of fans "constructive" critic and complaints from the original series and addressing them.

After that I would not mind NT stepping in a learning from some of their shortcomings and making a DmC2.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I want DMC5 done, I don't want DmC2, I loathe the reboot. But if Capcom came out and announced they would be developing DMC5 and ending the original canon there, then continuing with the new DmC canon afterwards, I wouldn't say anything against it, I'd just enjoy DMC5 and then let Devil May Cry go after that.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
DmC2 should continue. For this next game to happen....
- Dante and Kat rebuild his old home into a demon hunting business. They use several computers of what remained of the Order.
- Trish shows up, looking like Eva.
- Instead of being Dante's lover, he should make Trish his sister instead. (She's evil with Nelo Angelo at first, later she joins Dante's & Kat's team)
- Dante learns more about Sparda.
- Vergil becomes the new leader of the demon army, Nelo Angelo (his demon half). Vergil's angel side is struggling.
- Angels appear. Some helpful to Dante, some that fear the Nephilim (Dante & Vergil). He'll have to find a way for them to earn their trust.
- Phineas returns to assist Dante and reveals he also knows Vergil.
- Arkham to be Kat's father.

Top Bottom