• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What time period does DMC take place in?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
To me, I always thought DMC3 was back in the late 50's, DMC1 was the early 60s and DMC4 was in the early 70's considering the use of old records, old phones, and old design cars. Plus in the anime, some of the fashion was way more back in time.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
To me, I always thought DMC3 was back in the late 50's, DMC1 was the early 60s and DMC4 was in the early 70's considering the use of old records, old phones, and old design cars. Plus in the anime, some of the fashion was way more back in time.

That's a good question. I don't think they've ever actually stated the time period. It's hard to nail down, because on one hand, there's a great deal of old-fashioned stuff (as you said, clothing, record players, etc) but then we also have some of the more modern bits of tech.

I'm thinking....well, maybe 70's and 80's?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Would Nero's headphones he wore while listening to heavy metal at the start of dmc4 not be classed as more modern ? 90's it upwards plus were there not cellphones in the anime

berto

I Saw the Devil
The producers once got together and decided that there would be no cell phones in the world and that's why you don't see them. As to the time period, it's modern times. Everything about DMC was meant to be ambiguous, from Dante's blood type to his exact height and age so there is no exact year but it has been stated that Dante lives in a major metropolitan city in modern times.

Plus the motorbike Trish throws at Dante is a modernish motorbike too it looks lie a fire blade
That was actually Dante's bike. If you look closely at the intro you'll see it parked in front of the office and I remember that that was stated somewhere but I can't remember when.

Edit: Ah! Just remembered. It was the game manual in DMC1.

"Dante is a freelance underground mercenary in modern America."

Last edited:
Top Bottom