• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what should dante's son be named

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
hi i'm new to writing but i been thinking about writing a fanfic for months now

it will take place 2000 years after the original devil may cry game and star Dante's son

it will also be a human or anthro mlp cross over(i know its really really lame but i cant help my self that what i want to wright)
any way i got allot of ideas but i can't decide on what his name will be

i'm thinking about Maximilian i think it does sound cool (Maximilian Sparda) but i don't know if the short name Max sounds cool in casual dialog or fits a Dante like character

so even if you hate mlp if you can think of a good name that fits what Dante would name his son or if i should just name him Max please tell me
id love the advice and id really appreciate it
thank you for your time

edit: i decided that his name will be Maximilian and he will be Dante's decedent not direct son

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Just saying, you wouldn't have a hypothetical son of Dante existing 2000 years in to the future. Dante doesn't age abnormally thanks to his mother's genetics.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
In my stories, I used a 'baby name generator' which I searched for on Google.
With some sites, you can type in the name of the father and mother and that will give you a few suggestions.
But if you want an MLP related name, I'm pretty sure there a MLP name generators around (again, if you search on a site like Google).

Good luck with your story :)

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Just saying, you wouldn't have a hypothetical son of Dante existing 2000 years in to the future. Dante doesn't age abnormally thanks to his mother's genetics.

were did you get that from because i didn't know about that
i assume that Dante would live as long as sparda did

i want to wright a story about Dante's son because the things i want to do in this story are similar to what Dante went threw
this is kind of a spoiler but it would all lead up to Dante's son stopping mundus's return
which i came up with because of the line at the end of DMC 1 (Dante: give my regards to my son)

also Dante's son will have his own personality he will act like Dante some of the time but i want him to be his own character as well

In my stories, I used a 'baby name generator' which I searched for on Google.
With some sites, you can type in the name of the father and mother and that will give you a few suggestions.
But if you want an MLP related name, I'm pretty sure there a MLP name generators around (again, if you search on a site like Google).

Good luck with your story :)

i don't want an mlp related name because i don't really think they fit with DMC
and i don't want to say who the mother is Dante's son won't know manly because i don't even know who Dante might end up with
and i don't want to guess

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
were did you get that from because i didn't know about that
i assume that Dante would live as long as sparda did

i want to wright a story about Dante's son because the things i want to do in this story are similar to what Dante went threw
this is kind of a spoiler but it would all lead up to Dante's son stopping mundus's return
which i came up with because of the line at the end of DMC 1 (Dante: give your regards to my son)

also Dante's son will have his own personality he will act like Dante some of the time but i want him to be his own character as well
Dante isn't a full blooded demon. He's got human DNA and just look at the games. He's shown to have natural aging.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's assumed Sparda died of old age, since it never mentions he was killed but it does say "until his death" in DMC1. So even though he lives a long time, Sparda does age and die eventually. Dante ages like a normal human it seems from his different appearances in DMC1-4. Other characters like Trish and Lady don't seem to, Trish is a demon, and I dunno what is going on with Lady's appearance in DMC4. She does not look older to the extent Dante does that's for sure.

Since Dante seems to age normally like his mother, and Sparda also died, I'm going to conclude Dante will probably age like a human. But even when he's a 'coffin-dodger' he'll be kicking ass with his walking stick

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
It's assumed Sparda died of old age, since it never mentions he was killed but it does say "until his death" in DMC1. So even though he lives a long time, Sparda does age and die eventually. Dante ages like a normal human it seems from his different appearances in DMC1-4. Other characters like Trish and Lady don't seem to, Trish is a demon, and I dunno what is going on with Lady's appearance in DMC4. She does not look older to the extent Dante does that's for sure.

Since Dante seems to age normally like his mother, and Sparda also died, I'm going to conclude Dante will probably age like a human. But even when he's a 'coffin-dodger' he'll be kicking ass with his walking stick
well i could just say he's Dante's descendant it wont ruin the story i could actually make it better with this angle
i just really liked the line "Goodbye and when you do come back give my regards to my son, will ya" but its not that big a deal it would probably be better if he was a descendant

and ya now that i though about it i will call Dante's descendant Maximilian
now i just got to get of my lazy ass and start writing

Top Bottom