• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what next for devil may cry ? and how long do we have to wait for another one ?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I would guess that there is a 90% chance DmC2 will be made and a 50% chance DMC5 will be made (yes I know that adds up to 140% the extra 40% is for the possibility that both games will be made). If both get made DMC5 will probably be made first. The next game will probably come out in 2-3 years.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
About instead of a new Devil may cry game how about this
maxjpart.png

or this:
images

or maybe this:
images

But if anything Capcom should finish the orignal series before doing something else with the series

Martius

SSSmokin!
I did it and got nothing from that. Ninja Theory made another bad game, they got big chance with DMC franchise and they just wasted it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If DmC preforms to fair expectations then it will decide whether or not DmC 2 should be explored or not. If not then guess what, no Devil May Cry at all. At the very least until 2016 when the movie is suppose to come out.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Reboot sequel to NT and original series goes back to Platinum Games to its creator. Capcom could make more money and everyone would be happy.

Runawayshrew32

Friendly neighborhood DMC/DmC fan
judging off of the effort put into this reboot, and Antoniades comments in response to the fans (aggressive at times) I think there will definitely be a sequel. Without reading any spoilers (i refuse to haha) the fact that they re-imagined the story to be more cohesive, while retaining the core premise of devil may cry, I think now a sequel would be the next logical step. They have built a cohesive frame for a new canon, rather than the originals where the manga and animated series came after because the fans liked the series and the games lacked sufficient storytelling. With this, now they can rebuild the mythos, as it were, but they can do it "in-game", and revise additional content such as comics, anime, etc, built off of what they have spent this time establishing. Will it be the same as the originals? no, I think not. However, I am excited to see what direction they take :)

hek7ic

i can say that a DMC2 will almost definitely happen. As long as the profits are their and the money flows

Top Bottom