• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your voice like?

LeoXCV

Single life for life
So on these forums we have a thread about how we look and a thread about how we dress; yet we miss one final piece (To my knowledge anyway), what our voices sound like :D

Here are some response methods;
- Record your voice saying whatever you wish, put it into a short video, upload that video to youtube, and set it to private (Or public if you don't mind the possibility of a few people randomly finding it)
- Use videos that already have your voice in (Like what I have done below)
- The last and most difficult to explain would be to say how your voice sounds, you can state a general accent and/or give examples that you feel are similar to your own voice. This obviously will be the least accurate but if you can't do the above you may as well do this instead.

BONUS POINT RESPONSE: Give an example of what you would like your voice to be more like, or what your favourite kind of voice to listen to is, or both :D

This is my entry (WARNING; Profanity included, also I'm the white text);
This is probably the best full example of my voice since I use both my silly and normal voices :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm actually quite ashamed of my voice... XD It's far too high-pitched for someone like me, 18 years old and rather rugged in appearance. Though occasionally it dips down into a deeper, smoother tone that I wish I could use consistently. I sound like Steve FREAKING Blum with that voice!

As for accent, I have a "standard" Northern US accent, though I sometimes tend to slip into a Canadian tone due to my state being so close to Canada, and I have a lot of friends with that accent.

Other accents I can do are Japanese, Russian, Australian, British, French, and Spanish. Arabian too, kind of. I can do the stereotypical Arabian voice, at least. XD I'm also incredibly good at making animalistic growling/snarling/roaring noises, much to the chagrin of my friends. I have a tendency to growl at people I don't like. :|

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My voice is silky smooth and like music, let's just say I can do a duet with Josh Groban. I looovvveee his voice.
No, just kidding.
My accent sounds like this:
(Mind, I don't share this guy's views - I think people trying to do our accent are hilarious)
Every now and again I might speak like this:
And I was told by a vocal teacher that I have a falsetto voice. Which means it's high and annoying. So no clips from me, sorry.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I've got a wide vocal range and I can do impressions, but I'm not gonna do any here. :p

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
Haha your voice is funny x)

Erm, I think my voice is fairly quiet, and I make it sound lower since I'm a bit self conscious. I have an English accent, I say glass with an "ah" sound, if you get what I mean. My friends tease me about it because they speak with a different accent >.< but I like sounding a little posh. ^_^
I can do a Scottish accent (Basically I say "Scotland...") And I can do American... I think...

Gorbashou

Obvious extremely bad swedish accent which is really really apparent when I speak english. I pronounce things differently because of my tongue being used to swedish pronouncation (duh).

I cannot really explain my voice except it's a little "rusty" in sound, being 18 and having an unusually long period of time in which my vocal cord changes I can suddenly change pitch mid-sentence (and be laughed at for a moment for sounding retarded).
It really has all to do with how comfortable I am at speaking to someone and at which language. I'm modest to be honest, I just do not show it, but my voice clearly tells it. Talking english to friends I usually converse in swedish with makes me talk a little bit weird.
Talking to myself, yes I do talk to myself, always in english, I do sound great for once and I hear it. It has all to do with confidence.
Of course that confidence hits rock bottom when I speak to Drakkar. It's so nervous still even though we've been together for almost two years now.

I sound like a teenager, with what I would say is a normal pitched voice, it's not high pitched or that very low pitched. It waves on higher pitches on occassion mid-sentence but that's about it.
Drakkar says it's great though, and I never really care for things like that so I'm happy with it.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Haha your voice is funny x)
That a good thing? lol

Now since everyone is bringing up accents they can do I'll bring up what I can do :D I have quite a good amount of control over my voice so I have a lot of different voices but I'm not actually sure how many of those fit an actual accent properly. I think the one I use most is Russian orientated simply because I use it whenever I say "In Soviet Russia..." jokes. One thing I do know for fact however is that my meowing sounds have actually fooled people into thinking a cat is nearby or on the other end of my microphone lol

DissonantDemon

I have a low voice.
The kind that whenever I meet anyone new and they hear my voice for the first time they have this face. =O
To give an example my friends love for me to do voice overs to the movie previews on TV.. much to my disdain.
I have a pretty standard American accent.

As far as impressions:

I can do the gruffy Batman voice from the Nolan Trilogy.

Bane's voice from The Dark Knight Rises.

The Merchants' voice from Resident Evil 4.

The Halo Multiplayer Announcer's voice.

And recently the DmC style ranks announcer. ANARCHIC, SENSATIONAL. And so on.
Albeit without, what I'm sure is, a bit of distortion post recording.

As for the Bonus point. I'm pretty damn alright with my voice. I wouldn't change it.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
an intelligent english gangster XD and sometimes when i talk i end up doing random accents by accident :lol: but they suck and most of my language are quotes from things i like sooo i'm quite unusual also a bit highpitched for my age ¬_¬ and whenever i record my voice i sound like a posh mentally insane person >_<

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I sound like a guy.

Seriously.

With a slight impediment thanks to an accident when I was a toddler.

But I get mistaken for "the man of the house" when I answer the phone, so yeah...guy.

As for accent, I'm originally from the South East of England but when I moved to the Midlands I quickly dropped my posh accent for something a bit more...normal. Now I sound like some weird hybrid of north and south.

And also a guy.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I have a somewhat deep voice and don't have any particilur accent when I speak swedish. Dunno how I sound in english since I have never heard myself from a recording.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Mine voice is always in hear of that one who have 21 years old and Is female. Well mine English accent when Im talking in this language is not perfect for now as I have some of Polish accent in it :/

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I sound like a guy.

With a slight impediment thanks to an accident when I was a toddler.

But I get mistaken for "the man of the house" when I answer the phone, so yeah...guy.

As for accent, I'm originally from the South East of England but when I moved to the Midlands I quickly dropped my posh accent for something a bit more...normal. Now I sound like some weird hybrid of north and south.

And also a guy.

I love your sense of humor XD

I sound like an average 20 yr old on low syndrome...

I still have no clue on how to avoid a conversation i hate its super awkward

Top Bottom