• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is Nero's place in the DMC Series?

s8ntmark

i guess i liked Nero in DMC4, i didn't have any problems with him. However, he may as well have been Dante, there wasn't much that was original about him. He's still a mystery though. There has been speculation that he is a lost 3rd Brother of Virgil and Dante. other theories are that he is in fact Virgil's son....but where does he fit into the series?

if Nero were to be re-introduced into DmC what would his place be? Just anther Dante clone? i love the idea that he could be Virgil's son....Right now he would be very young (lets say he's illegitimate) but in future games, maybe he would become more of a presence.

if you watch the cut scenes of Nero and Dante in DMC4, with an eye towards Nero being Virgil's son, it really feels like Dante is looking after his nephew as a favor to Virgil, he even gives Nero Virgil's sword (His FATHERS sword?). Check it out, maybe I'm wrong, but it could work that way. Being Virgil's son puts Nero squarely into the world and gives him some sort of reason for being there.

What do you think?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How make him a cambion but as his own man. He's not from Vergil and not from Dante.

He can be from a different group and the son of a demon mother and human father.

s8ntmark

10 year age difference in the original series (is that confirmed?), but what about this new one? The sky is the limit.

Whats the point of Nero, then?

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
there's a ten year age difference between nero and dante -_- he's NOT vergil's son
Fenz07.jpg

Nero is his own great-grandfather in the DMC4 universe.

AlchemistFromEden

10 year age difference in the original series (is that confirmed?), but what about this new one? The sky is the limit.

Whats the point of Nero, then?
the point of nero is to be a rehash of dante, but here's the twist, he's a whipped by a generic damsel in distress

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
He could be a sort of villain, maybe he is part of some zealous demon loving sect who see's Dante as an enemy and wants to stop him from destroying the "holy demons" they worship. Maybe in this group they use demonic magic and science to meld humans with demons and Nero is like one of their head generals and first to be able to handle the surgery/ ceremony to mix human and demons together. I would just drop the relation to Vergil and Dante all together because that was just Capcom's hamfisted attempt to force us to accept Nero into the DMC family

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Is that true???
Nope, that was a joke^_^ We're still not sure what relation Nero is to Sparda or Dante.
Got to agree with others, if Nero is brought back, no more plot holes. And give him a good reason to be involved that is not 'save the boring love interest'.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
If they introduce Nero, I think they should make him a human hybrid of either an angel or a demon. He could be an anti-hero or something to that effect in DmC. But other than that, I think it might be best if he stays out of it.

Top Bottom