• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Dante got the Yamato and Vergil got the Rebellion ?

DissonantDemon

That makes me think of the entire Devil May Cry franchise with Vergil as the main character, which seems possible in the first DMC. Dante wasn't as animated and he was in the 3rd and 4th. Quick palette swap, hovering blue swords and Nelo Devilo.. I would play it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
We already know Dante can use Yamato and Vergil can use Rebellion both expertly— we saw them do it in DMC3. They might have even used each others' swords before they 'split'.

Yamato would require a different approach to use apparently, so Dante would have to adopt that if he was gonna use it properly.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That would totally suck for Dante IMO
We already know Dante can use Yamato and Vergil can use Rebellion both expertly.

They both can use ANY given Devil arm expertly

But i still don't get why Dante cannot summon swords in DMC4

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yamato's not really Dante's style nor vice versa with Vergil/rebellion.

If situations were switched with Vergil as the lead and Dante, mundus's unwilling servant the series wouldn't change much.

Vergil would still be obsessed with power, he just wouldnt have the same beef he has with dante given Dante isn't in controll of his actions, being mundus's slave and all.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
vergil would most likely complain about getting a broad sword because of how yamato suits his personality. As for dante, well...he's good with both yamato and rebellion but rebellion suits him the most. Oh and this is gonna be completely off topic but did u kno tht in japan they consider the main character,or hero's, color to be red? and that blue is the evil color? I just found out from my sister.
3070242c.gif

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, Vergil had no trouble or problem with the F.E.; seemed as comfortable with it as the other. And Beowulf. Everyone takes him to be so inflexible. When it comes to weapons, he isn't.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah, Vergil had no trouble or problem with the F.E.; seemed as comfortable with it as the other. And Beowulf. Everyone takes him to be so inflexible. When it comes to weapons, he isn't.

well he just isn't a weapon enthusiast as Dante

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
yeah i know, but i just feel like he should've been way more important then what he was.
yeah i know what you mean Vergil is my favorite character in devil may cry but hey you never know they never did say he was "dead" in 1 all Mundas says is that "Vergil has been defeated" so maybe :D

Top Bottom