• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you guys think?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd like to see all of them. It would be interesting to see those characters in the Soul Caliber style.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya that would be pretty cool but getting all 3 is unlikely you may get one though and if i had a choice id go with dante as im a dante fan plus his styles and combat would make him formidable in sc like he is in umvc3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
ya that would be pretty cool but getting all 3 is unlikely you may get one though and if i had a choice id go with dante as im a dante fan plus his styles and combat would make him formidable in sc like he is in umvc3
I don't know if I could choose only one. I'd be stuck between Dante and Vergil. They'd both be good in Soul Calibur, but for different reasons.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Umm... Dante was supposed to be in Soul Calibur III, but for whatever reason he was cut from the game. Anyway, I can see Dante and Vergil, both DMC and DmC versions, in the Soul Calibur series, however, I can't see Nero since his Devil Bringer might break the game. Think about it, a ghostly arm capable of growing in size and can grab enemies so Nero can pull himself towards or to him. At least Ophion is more of a grapple hook that people can deflect, but a demonic arm? The stupid thing doesn't feel pain and could just grasp the blades of enemies and rip them away from them. Even if you deflect it, Nero could just make a larger arm and beat people to dirty pulps.

That's if developers don't make Nero stupid like making Nightmare stupid. For whatever reason, we never see Nightmare just use his claw to break weapons, beat people to death, or as a shield. Oh, don't forget that Ezio could just use smoke bombs or that he and Cervantes have guns. Just headshot everyone. Then again, this is a game where there are sentient weapons, people with ridiculous weapons and outfits, and immortals.

Nero could be the Starkiller or Yoda of Soul Calibur. I think Starkiller was considered a little overpowered since he moved and attacked quickly and brutally. As for Yoda... The little green sage is up to their knees and he can avoid so many attacks just by standing. Freaking green midget.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Why's that?
Well Nelo Angelo looks like an old fashioned medieval knight just like Nightmare and Sparda looks like an old fashioned elegant swordsman.

Dante&Vergil don't look old fashioned and certainly don't seem like they would fit in the game like ezio or kratos.

197px-UMvC_3_Dante_Sparda_Alt-Copy_zps405e293d.png
he seems perfect for SC game.

Placido

Yliaster
Well Nelo Angelo looks like an old fashioned medieval knight just like Nightmare and Sparda looks like an old fashioned elegant swordsman.

Dante&Vergil don't look old fashioned and certainly don't seem like they would fit in the game like ezio or kratos.

197px-UMvC_3_Dante_Sparda_Alt-Copy_zps405e293d.png
he seems perfect for SC game.
Lol, Darth Vader and Yoda definitely don't fit in a SC game but were still put in anyway. You do make some valid points tho.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^^^That doesn't mean anything Spawn, Starkiller, Darth Vader, Heiachi (However you spell that), and freaking Yoda still made it and they stick out like sore thumbs. The only guest characters that genuinely fit into the tone and setting of Soul Calibur were Link (sort of), Ezio, and Kratos.

As for which DMC or DmC? DMC of course. For the sake of money they'll pick the ones that will garner more POSITIVE attention for the game. Don't want people not buying your game because you put the wrong Dante in there.

Plus Namco is a Japanese company they'll most likely pick a more Japanese orientated character (sure they put Spawn and Kratos in there before but that was due to an exclusivity deal and there was only one Spawn and one Kratos to choose from). They won't choose both since that is just wasting slots as well as time and effort making 2 of the same characters really (personally if SC6 has DMC & DmC Dante and not my Talim I'm blaming DmC Dante).

Now its a matter of which of the original DMC Dante they will choose and its most likely DMC4 Dante since every other Dante (even DmC) had its time in the cameo limelight. DMC1 Dante was in a few Viewtiful Joe games as well as Project X Zone, DMC2 Dante was in SMT: Nocturne, and DMC3 Dante was in MvC3.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Lol, Darth Vader and Yoda definitely don't fit in a SC game but were still put in anyway. You do make some valid points tho.
WHAAA ?? Darth vader is in SC ? sorry i didn't know but wow... he's such a misfit i don't really think he would fit the tone of the game very well.

I only played Soul caliber on PSP and saw the "Ezio" trailer a long time ago so i didn't know :p

Placido

Yliaster
WHAAA ?? Darth vader is in SC ? sorry i didn't know but wow... he's such a misfit i don't really think he would fit the tone of the game very well.

I only played Soul caliber on PSP and saw the "Ezio" trailer a long time ago so i didn't know :p
He's in SC 4 for PS3, Yoda was in the X Box 360 version.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Yeah Spawn and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken as well as Link was in SC2.....or was it SC3?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I SAY HELL YAH TO ALL THREE LMAO omg i wouldve loved to have them in soul cal 4 and then to use them as character buildslol id never put that game down lol

Top Bottom