• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you actually like about DMC?

Meg

I'm not trying to be abrasive or argumentative. I'm just curious because there's been so much DMC hate on the forums lately, that I'm just curious to know what some of you actually like about the series. It seems like I'm one of the few members left who really loves DMC as their favorite series. :/

Please don't make this thread into something it's not. I'm just interested to know what you guys like about DMC since I find it odd that so many people would post on a DMC board just so they could heavily criticize it.

................................Actually! Posting on a FFXIII forum just so I can rant about the terrible names is a great idea! :lol:

But seriously, though. What do you like about DMC? ;)

EDIT: I'd rather you didn't compare DMC to DmC in this thread. That would be beating a dead horse.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC:
Its swordplay, over the top action, DMC3 Dante's coat design, and the weapons. I think that's about it. Everything else I like about DMC is what ever compared to DmC.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I've mentioned this before but if DMC1 wasn't the first game I played I wouldn't be a fan. I like 3 but I love 1 and it's the ambiance that sells the game but above all it's Dante himself. The attitude that he has, the air of confidence he emits, he is just one of the coolest action heroes around.

I happen to like 3 because when it came out I was really into Ryuhei Kitamura movies. I'd just seen Versus a year before and I saw Aragami around that time so when I learned that the game was kinda have that same aura I was kinda stoked. It was like crossover of two things I was into.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Oh, this is an easy one. First and foremost would be the gameplay that defined a new genre. Second would be the over-the-top action cut-scenes like the sons of Sparda battling in heavy rain with sword swings so fast that even rain drops couldn't penetrate through, party gettin crazy vid, that snake woman getting by her own eggs by Dante in DMC 4, to name a few. Oh man, good old days. Actually, No. I still play DMC 4. :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I like DMC because it's gameplay is so awesome.
I like DMC3/4 Dante because he's just a hell of a fun character and I can relate to him very well :) Like me he's just someone who wants to have fun and doesn't give a f**k.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the story
the coolness
the tjeme and setting
the characters
the gameplay
the fun
the over the top cutscenes
dante
everything about it from DMC1 to DMC4

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
the gameplay the characters the weapons the story line and plot the creativness of the level designs(on some) the banter and dialouge etc its a great series it has its flaws but its still a great game series

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Gameplay.

The way Vergil's mechanics smoothly combine all of Dante's into one. And Dante's variety in combat.

I pick DMC3 Dante though because there's just simply more to do when playing as him. Plus it's more of a challenge playing as him, as well.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's cool.
And I like Dante. I also like that he wears my favourite colours. And that he's got white hair and blue eyes. And he's got a good voice. And he's good at what he does. Which is cool. And he doesn't care about what anybody else says about him, which is also cool.
So I like DMC because it's cool. My definition of it anyway.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
First and foremost the awesomely stylish gameplay:-
8ae7bc7b339fc892629d072df390ca23.jpg

DMC will be remembered in the history as one of the best hack'n'slash games ever made,heck it pretty much it pretty much re-invented the genre.

I'm kinda glad that Capcom didn't milk the old series dry >_>
Second the Atmosphere:
dmchdc_dmc1_hd_092811_03_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

First game still has the best Art Direction both scenery&Music is fantastic and it does way better job then 3d castlevania games of ps2 era.
Third the Main character Dante:
DMC1_Dante.jpg

That was easy :D

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Gameplay.

The way Vergil's mechanics smoothly combine all of Dante's into one. And Dante's variety in combat.

I pick DMC3 Dante though because there's just simply more to do when playing as him. Plus it's more of a challenge playing as him, as well.

Agreed im loving dmc3 hard mode right now with dante

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
the character dante. in DMC1, anime, and 3. dante is such a jerk with a sense of ironic levity. he believes in the idea and ideals of humanity while not giving a flying **** about them. and will give his life to protect them. i also like the vibe of the series. its a story about a boy with family issues. and there is no ancient prophecy or anything which a lot of supernatural themed shows depend on these days. i also love the fact that dante is the unlikely prodigy. and vergil being so eager to fill his father's shoes lead to his downfall.

Blade8513

A lot of you will think I don't have any business commenting here since im relatively new to the series, but I love anything to do with demons and killing stuff (messed up yes but that's just me) but its also the fact you get to be a half demon and that Dante isn't your stereotypical hero, he is IMO anyways a badass and the gameplay from DMC (2013) is phenomenal, I have played both darksiders games,all of the god of war games, most of the prince of Persia games, dantes inferno and a good amount of other "hack n slash" games but the newest DMC is better than all of them in my opinion.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What was cool 12 years ago isn't cool anymore.

The definition of cool seems to have changed from 12 years ago. Does not make what was once cool, uncool. That would be like saying Arnold Swarzenegger is no longer cool. He was cool 12 years ago. He's cool now. He is da turm-ah-nay-tor. That makes him cool.
Okay so he's kinda old and ugly and wrinkly now but let's not sweat the details.
Point is: Tameem needs to kick whoever told him to make that a public statement. And if he did it at his own accord, well, Tameem, your hairstyle was cool until like two weeks ago, smoking is only cool until, like, you're not an angsty teen anymore, so in short
5757d1302043008-your-argument-invalid-your-argument-invalid-sexy-gordon

AND the terms 'cool', 'hip', 'trendy' and 'SEXY(see above photo) are totally subjective to individual taste.

Top Bottom