• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do people have against "I Origins"?

Will you watch it?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netflix or equivalent.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was watching the latest episode of "Escape to the Movies" (moviebob) and he goes on and on about how "I Origins" is crap and whatnot.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...st&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

As a Neo-Deist who believes in both a "General God" (Colonel Sanders) and evolution (Piranha 3DD) and those ancient civilizations that "highly evolved" people in early times built, I like both this movie and Lucy about the same amount in terms of "scientific prowess" (and I use that term rather loosely in this case).

Yes, I honestly do believe these three things can exist side-by-side.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ancient advanced technology

But I'm still going to read up and research on all three of these things and come to my own conclusions; ridicule and mockery from the "official scientific community" be damned.

Outside influences are just that... influence until I'm thoroughly convinced otherwise.

Seriously though, I'm a strong believer in "Survival of the Fittest" in any and all scenarios. It happens all the time, and will continue to happen everywhere, no matter what people try to do or say to disprove or stop it altogether.

Apex Predators (in both the intelligence and physical categories) will always and forever reign supreme, whether you can come to grips with that fact or not.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Never heard of it so maybe, if it peaks my interest. Since I believe in God and evolution I will look in to.

I like both this movie and Lucy about the same amount in terms of "scientific prowess"

You do know that Lucy is BS, right? That whole %10 of the brain isn't real, and I'm sure Luc Bisson knows it. It's just movie science.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You do know that Lucy is BS, right? That whole %10 of the brain isn't real, and I'm sure Luc Bisson knows it. It's just movie science.
I know that. It was explained in the moviebob review.

No, what I was talking about was the message in Lucy's movie; the message was, "it's better to have tons of knowledge and perform at least slightly controversial experiments than it is to remain ignorant and do nothing. Or at least, that's the message I got from the moviebob review.

Praise Colonel Sanders.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I didn't watch the video, but I too believe these things can coexist (though I'm not a religious person).

I used to be a Deist who believed in some form of afterlife paradise, but recently I've begun to believe that living as a spirit and/or reincarnation is more likely.

Hope this thread doesn't get out of hand.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I used to be a Deist who believed in some form of afterlife paradise, but recently I've begun to believe that living as a spirit and/or reincarnation is more likely.
The point of being "Spiritually Non-religious" is to have an idea of your own spirituality without aligning yourself to any major (or perhaps even minor) established religion, so any idea is open to discussion, really.

Meg

Eh, I don't know if I'll ever watch the movie. Maybe Netflix. Eventually.

While I do like watching Movie Bob's videos, he does seem a tad pretentious at times. I wouldn't worry about him.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
While I do like watching Movie Bob's videos, he does seem a tad pretentious at times. I wouldn't worry about him.
omg this.

Especially when he talks about politics. His "little mentions" here and there made libertarians/anarcho-capitalists look like racists.

I'm glad people tore him a new one when they commented on his "You're Wrong About SM3" video. While I agree with what he says about SM3, I'm still ok with karma paying him a little visit from time to time and telling him to knock it off with that attitude of his.

Meg

SM3? o_O What is that and where is this video of his? I wanna see people tear him a new one.

I just don't like how he kisses Anita Sarkessian (sp?) butt. Like, her analysis is always so weak, and that's what people have a problem with. Discussing gender representation in media is a good idea; she just sucks at it. But oh wait, he comes Movie Bob to put all of us whiny gamers back in our place because how dare we have a problem with her videos. :rolleyes:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this looks like a good flick. i saw the trailer a few weeks ago and thought it was interesting. i won't be charging to the theatre on opening day, but i will con somebody into paying for a ticket for me

Top Bottom