• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What could....

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
have happened to Dante in between 4 and 2 that would have changed his personality so drastically? Dante doesn't do any one-liners or any smart remarks in 2, hell he barely talks. From what I could understand neither this game or number 2 (at the time of it's production) were even originally going to have Dante at all and they had to work him into the game somehow....who knows?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I've seen a theory that suggested maybe Lady and Trish died since neither appeared in the actual storymode.

Something like that could hurt and damage Dante enough emotionally to make him like that given how close he was to both of them.

But if you want to look at it from a strictly technical standpoint, than obviously different developers happened, but I like to try to look at it from a story standpoint.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i think its funny to think Dante was just trying something new and it didn't work

like if they make devil may cry 5 Trish would say at one moment to Nero or Lady

Trish: ya Dante had that stupid coin thing going on for a while
Dante: hey it was just a faze
Trish: it was stupid

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
i think its funny to think Dante was just trying something new and it didn't work

like if they make devil may cry 5 Trish would say at one moment to Nero or Lady

Trish: ya Dante had that stupid coin thing going on for a while
Dante: hey it was just a faze
Trish: it was stupid
Trish: Why did that coin have my silhouette?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
What ToCool said but a while back there was an interview/forum discussion?? (forever lost in the world of the internet :D) that said in DMC 4 Dante went berserk in his DT mode and ended up killing Trish and Lady by accident. And thus he's silent and moody in DMC 2. The DT they were going to use for Dante was the one in the artbook where he had the tail and wings.

But with the missing structure that is DMC 4 now...it's really up for anyone's guess. And with the fiasco and the open possibilities/broken storyline with DMC 2, eh. If Capcom doesn't continue the series or a game explaining the events pre-DMC2...fanfiction is always available:rolleyes:. I believe it was mildly translated before from the early artbooks in Japanese(I believe there was another one before the DMC graphic arts artbook - I could be wrong though).

Last edited:
Top Bottom