• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the plotholes or unanswered questions of Devil May Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One of the reasons why people seem to hate the notion of rebooting Devil May cry is that there are a slew of unanswered questions that they want answered.
I cant seem to think of anything that they need to answer other than what happened to Sparda or whether or not Vergil died in DMC1?.
So what are the others?
Note: this is not a thread to complain about the DmC reboot because there is a place to do that already.

Azurel

Vergil most likely didn't die after Dante defeated him the third time on Mallet Island in DMC1. He probably was just sealed into the Yamato. Then after that, the blade was broken from the shock of him being imprisoned in it. Then, he awoke in Nero. Or something like that.

Other than that, while people say he was brainwashed by Mundus, I think he knew what he was doing the entire time. The amulet probably just had some sort of magic on it. Dante probably enchanted the amulet with a defensive spell to prevent Vergil from taking it again.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
1. Why does the both halves of the Amulet in Devil May Cry 3 are different colour? In DMC1, both halves have the same colour.

2. Why did Yamato break into pieces in DMC4?

3. Who exactly does Berial referring to when he spoke to Nero?

4. How did Sanctus knows that Nero has the blood of Sparda?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chaos Master said:
  • 1. Why are the both halves of the Amulet in Devil May Cry 3 different colours? In DMC1, both halves have the same colour.

2. Why did Yamato break into pieces in DMC4?

3. Who exactly does Berial refer to when he spoke to Nero?

4. How did Sanctus know that Nero has the blood of Sparda?
  • 5. What actually happened to Vergil?

6. How did Nero come to be?

7. Why is the Yamato not used to seal a Hell Gate?

8. What was Vergil's purpose and intention?

9. Who killed Eva?

10. If Sparda did die, how did he die?

11. If Sparda was sealed, who sealed him?

12. What made Vergil change his mind from working with his brother?

13. Why does DMC4 have so many similarities in the plot to DMC3?

14. How are Capcom or Ninja Theory going to give us these answers?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
LordOfDarkness;299497 said:
Why does DMC4 have so many similarities in the plot to DMC3?

Did it?

The Amulet thing annoyed me more than any of them because it was clearly not part of the plot the person who designed them in DMC3 was just being wreckless and didn't think the colour was important.
It was probably just done to further help identify the 2 halves as seperate objects owned by 2 seperate people to the player but that is possibly the most significant object in the entire DMC universe! Try and be a little bit more considerate with the details next time Capcom. :mad:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Darth Angelo;299506 said:

- Taken from a Thread of mine

When Dante enters the scene in Devil May Cry 4, he instantly has a fight with Nero. They continuously fight throughout the game until they team up in the end to defeat the ultimate evil (The Saviour) Observe Devil May Cry 3. Dante battles his brother at several points through the game, until they team up in the end and defeat the ultimate evil (Arkham/Jester/Green Blob Sparda Thing) Ridiculously similar plot, don't you think? Devil May Cry 4 is essentially Devil May Cry 3's story, with Dante and Vergil's back story put into a new protagonist and with a new location. There's nothing really original about it, except Nero's introduction and his arm needless to say.

The similarities in the story line are quite so, I believe.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
15. How did Vergil obtain Yamato in the first place?

16. What exactly happened to him at Eva's murder?

17. Why didn't he track down Dante when he turned out to not be 'dead'?

18. What role did Sparda really play in their upbringing?

19. Where the hell was Sparda when his family was attacked?

20. Where the hell is Sparda now?

21. Exactly what kind of demon really did injure Nero's arm?

22. How long had his arm been like that? And why could he fight so well against Dante with one arm bandaged, but with both arms he got hit by something as insignificant (in comparison to Dante) as an Assault, as fans believe?

23. Was Eva a devil hunter or not?

24. Will Nero ever see Dante again?

25. Is Dante officially romantically involved, or was he romantically involved at any point whatsoever, with Trish, or is that just fan fancy?

26. What happened to Dante after his mother's murder? He was what, like 8 or something?

I might have just elaborated on some of the questions already posted.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Master Vergil said:
15. How did Vergil obtain Yamato in the first place?

Family heirloom. Sparda bequeathed Rebellion to Dante and Yamato to Vergil.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LordOfDarkness;299564 said:
Family heirloom. Sparda bequeathed Rebellion to Dante and Yamato to Vergil.

Yes, but going on the manga, Dante didn't know that Vergil had gotten Yamato, and likewise Vergil didn't know Dante had gotten Rebellion, so it's presumed they obtained the swords in some other way because if Sparda had given it to them, it would have been when they were still very young, and then both boys would have known what the other had. But in the manga, Dante comments: 'Yamato? It suits you.' and Vergil says: 'Rebellion - how like you'. Or something in those lines. Which I got the impression from that this was the first time they saw each other with the weapons in hand.
Which is why I asked the question, how did Vergil get the Yamato, especially if he 'died' during the attack?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I can see now why you asked the question. But if I'm not mistaken, I did hear that they were handed down to them. Maybe they weren't just given to them, maybe they had to prove themselves first? Kind of like, proving yourself as a demon slayer in order to gain their rightful weapons. Sort of a test from their father. Maybe he wanted to know if they could handle the responsibilities. The message being, don't raise your sword, if you're not strong enough to hold it. And perhaps Vergil reads too much into this, what with the death of his mother beforehand. That's why he takes the test more seriously, and seeks to gain more power. But Dante, apparently being more rebellious, just leaves and doesn't take it seriously. Because Dante's characteristics and persona, are just that he didn't care much when he was growing up. He never knew how to look remorseful and show his feelings. Sometimes he did, but very often. And mostly just to his brother. So maybe that's what makes Vergil fight his brother, because his brother doesn't seem to care to him. It was a big deal that Dante refused to gain the power of their father. Vergil saw it as an opportunity to be like him, to be better. But Dante refused that power, because he thought that too much may go to him and make him change. And in the end Vergil regretted his decisions, when he supposedly failed to defeat Mundus. And I expect if he still is alive, which I'm guessing he is, he'd realise that Dante did care and he was fighting for what he believed in all along. It never meant he didn't care, and Vergil just never realised that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom