• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the most important upgrades I should buy?

info_overkill

info_overkill
I first played on Human Mode with the automatic activated since I'm just playing for the sake of the story- so I never really encountered any problems in finishing the game. But when I decided to be a bit more serious in beating DMC4, I'm really having serious headaches. And yep, this is my first DMC play ever.:D

So I was wondering, what abilities should I prioritize in upgrading? I'm kinda intrigued by the Table Hopper move and even bought it up to level 3 but when I used it, it doesn't seem to have any difference with the default dodge move. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this matter? And also, what sword upgrades should I buy? I didn't seem to think the gun's of any use so I don't mind not upgrading it at all. :)

LoGoS

Get Destro'd
Upgrade Nero's Blue Rose to Charge Shot 3. You may have to reconfig your controller a bit (chg gun to right bumper), but Nero's gameplay is enhanced by charging blue rose at all times while fighting.

If this is your first DMC game and you are playing on automatic, don't bother with table hopper. Its a pretty sweet move but its more of an advanced technique for Nero. I'd keep it simple if I were you.

Moves of interest to purchase: Streak/Streak2, demon heart (extends DT), orb collector, combo A and C, grim grab upgrade, and exceed 2 3 and max act if you have enough.

I left out shuffle, calibur, max bet, showdown and roulette spin because they are a bit more advanced and unnecessary if you don't use them. I also suggested exceed and max act, because thats the full potential of red queen. Learning this system adds alot of gameplay value to Nero, and it also helps on harder difficulties. Practice exceed by charging your sword prior to fights. Hope this helps and have fun.

aka958

Don't trust people
Shuffle is awesome and easy to. Roulette Spin also, it is like a combo on the ground but you do it in the air instead, piece of cake. Calibur i had problem using that for my 7 first playthroughs and 20 tries on Bloody Palace. Max Bet??? don't remember that one. Showdown the best combo attack but your charge time is too long.
Streak is always my first upgrade. the combos i leave a little alone until later. i upgrade my gun because it is good i promise you. Exceed is where Neros true potential lies. master Exceed and you kill everything. i didn't master it though.

info_overkill

info_overkill
By the way, I stopped playing in Automatic. Right now, I'm in Devil Hunter Mode. At any rate, I'd like to play it "fairly". I'd like to buy that table hopper but seriously, what is it? It's an advanced maneuver(obviously)- I watched several DMC4 walkthroughs but I've never seen it in use.

I use the Roulette Spin (got the necessary practice to do it right) and yep, I always charge my exceed whenever I know there's a nasty fight just up ahead. But I can't charge it like experts do- using the auto charge.

And being a God of War II Titan Mode accomplisher, I wouldn't rest until I know every analysis in regards to Nero's and Dante's moves. :)

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
yeah. just get used to keeping your finger on the exceed button while fighting with nero. thinking ahead of time the combos ur usuing so u can time it right. and get atleast 1 bar of exceed fuel in your Red Queen. it really does help if you do this alongside keeping your Blue Rose charged at lv.3 at all times. it really helps with the frosts and the......i forgot there names.but the black cloaked spider guys. :D
these are the best things you can do for Nero. considering he has limited combos to switch between.

LoGoS

Get Destro'd
Table hopper is a timing dodge. You must time your dodge within frames of being hit by ANY enemy attack. Each level of table hopper gives an extra dash after your close dodge of an enemy attack. To execute this technique just use roll(r-button plus side direction). Its a simple concept but tough to master. My favorite is table hopping the electric floor on mission 6 ;)

Table Hopper one gives you one dash
Table hopper two gives you (up to)two dashes
table hopper three gives you (up to)three dashes

Top Bottom