• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

was Lucia as powerful as Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
In times of doubt, trust the feats displayed by both characters to attain the answer you seek.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
ALMOST as strong as Dante( who, at DMC2 point, he is almost a "god"). Definitively the most strong of all chicks.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hard to say. Considering Dante was against her going with him to Hell and she also was fighting weaker final boss as he. I'd say she isn't on same level as Dante. Another aspect that she was captured by Arius, who was than beaten by Dante, though it doesn't say much about her power level.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
No way, it is heavily implied that Dante surpasses the power of Sparda. Lucia is just one of many clones that Arius created. She's pretty strong but I think Trish is much stronger. We've seen Trish's DT and it was pretty powerful. And that wasn't even her true form.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No way, it is heavily implied that Dante surpasses the power of Sparda. Lucia is just one of many clones that Arius created. She's pretty strong but I think Trish is much stronger. We've seen Trish's DT and it was pretty powerful. And that wasn't even her true form.
Trish's DT? where?

Gel

Premium
Trish was just a skin to Dante in DMC2. She fought and lost to Dante in DMC1, at the very beginning.

Blue_Rose

hmmm...wasn't she just shooting lightning in DT like she did in DMC1 when she tried to kill Dante?
I wouldn't call it lightning.
Trish was just a skin to Dante in DMC2. She fought and lost to Dante in DMC1, at the very beginning.
Well you don't try and kill the guy you want to lure on an island.:cool:
And my point was that Trish is stronger than Lucia. Dante has to be the most powerful being in the DMC universe.

Gel

Premium
Well, I was very convinced Trish really tried to kill Dante.Since she failed, she tried to attract him to the island.
On this I agreed with you: Dante was ( probably)the most powerful being on his universe, which is silly anyway, since he is only an half demon.
I still put my bet on Lucia. :smile:

Blue_Rose

:O How so ... she controls lightning and can transform herself into one. She's only has stylized lightning on her clothes
Because they look like energy bursts to me. They're yellow, but still I imagine lightning would be thinner and have more of a crackling sound. Opinions, bro.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Because they look like energy bursts to me. They're yellow, but still I imagine lightning would be thinner and have more of a crackling sound. Opinions, bro.
I see. But at least it's electricity based, because it has pattern on her clothes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Trish and Lucia were both created. Dante was actually born. Therefore Dante's powers lie within his blood, that of his father who was supposedly able to defeat the Underworld alone.

Lucia didn't even know she was an Arius experiment. She hardly knew herself or her true power. She is nowhere near Dante's level of experience. As I believe that Dante's Majin form is suppose to either rival or exceed the power of his father.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Gameplay wise, she might've been the same power level or a little less. Don't remember. Story-wise, she doesn't even come close to Dante. Never trust the wiki, man.
Yeah really, it's not even close when you consider a few points from the story:

• Dante clearly gets stronger as he gets older. Judging by the fact that he's supposed to be near/past Sparda's level in DMC1, and how insane his DT is in DMC4 (Stinger literally radiates power when DT'd), storywise his DMC2 incarnation is just stupidly powerful.
  • Lucia was created by Arius during his "I'm a human who knows a fair bit of powerful magic" phase. To be at DMC2 Dante's level she'd have to be significantly more powerful than Trish, who was made by the bloody king of Hell. I wouldn't even put Lucia's power at the same level of DMC3 Dante's; maybe her swordwork could be on a similar level to Dante back then, but raw power? nope.jpg
  • She lost a fight to Arius in his human form. Dante then allowed him to take demonic steroids and proceeded to bitchslap him.

Blue_Rose

Yeah really, it's not even close when you consider a few points from the story:

• Dante clearly gets stronger as he gets older. Judging by the fact that he's supposed to be near/past Sparda's level in DMC1, and how insane his DT is in DMC4 (Stinger literally radiates power when DT'd), storywise his DMC2 incarnation is just stupidly powerful.
  • Lucia was created by Arius during his "I'm a human who knows a fair bit of powerful magic" phase. To be at DMC2 Dante's level she'd have to be significantly more powerful than Trish, who was made by the bloody king of Hell. I wouldn't even put Lucia's power at the same level of DMC3 Dante's; maybe her swordwork could be on a similar level to Dante back then, but raw power? nope.jpg
  • She lost a fight to Arius in his human form. Dante then allowed him to take demonic steroids and proceeded to bitchslap him.
Lucia did defeat the demonic steroid Arius twice, but I do agree with you entirely on the other matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom