• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Virgil meets Nero For the first time in 20 yrs

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
vergil and Lady arrived at Devil May Cry after a call from Dante. He told them Nero and Kyrie, his girl Dante had said, was coming to Devil May Cry. Vergil was currently refusing to speak to Dante and Lady saw him give a hidden smile at how jittery Dante was as soon they had entered. Vergil had taken a seat in the corner, seemingly in deep thought, the prospect of meeting his son for the first time in 20 years was enough to shake his cool aura. Lady had been flustering all morning, lecturing Vergil constantly that he must keep his cool with Nero, who Dante had informed them was, an extremely cocky young punk, “like me in my youth”, Vergil had cringed. Time had dragged all day and it seemed the nearer Nero got to arrival the slower it went. Dante had promised to give the introductions when Nero was in and settled. Trish had settled to wrapping her arms around Dante, Vergil noted with some disgust and seemed to be admiring him in a way that could only boost Dante’s ego. Vergil wanted to puke. Everyone in the room however jumped as three sharp knocks were heard. Vergil followed Dante with his eyes as he leaped up and answered it.

“Hey Kid, come on inside.”

Their Virgil saw his son walking through the doorway, white haired and built, almost a replica of himself and Dante in their youth. He was not in their league yet; his demonic powers had not yet fully awakened as theirs had. He heard Lady give a gasp as she whispered “Our son Virgil, look at him…” and he felt a similar surge of pride. As Nero walked closer Virgil observed his eyes pass over Virgil and linger for a second, clearly oblivious to whom he was. Behind him was a girl about his age, a human with mid length brown hair and exceptionally bright eyes, a worthy choice Virgil thought.

“Nero I’d like you to meet Virgil, my brother, and Lady his partner.”

“Hello Nero.” Virgil said, seeing his sons eyes widen with recognition.

“You! It was your voice I heard when my arm changed! You said “Power…give me more power!”

A shadow past over Dante’s face, it sounded extremely familiar and more disturbing was that Nero had mimicked the Virgil he had fought near the entrance to the Underworld. Virgil too looked momentarily taken a back.

“What you heard was, I think, part of my power that was passed on to you. Dante had already told me what appearance you take in demon form. That appearance was the form I took while a servant of darkness in the Underworld. As for the voice, I suppose it was my soul in the sword.”

Nero’s eyes widened as Yamato materialized from his demonic arm.

“Then…this is yours. Dante said it “belonged to his brother.”

“It still does Nero.” Lady looked over; she had heard a dangerous flash of anger in Vergil’s voice. Virgil help out his hand, Yamato heard its masters call and returned to Virgil at last, as Virgil felt the power of darkness once again fill him with power. He could once again be what only he had perfected and become, a Dark Slayer. It was Nero however that spoke first.

“Am I truly a demon, or just an imitation of you?”

“You are my son Nero, unlike human blood Demonic blood can only be halved once which is demonic evolution to prevent power loss. We are hybrids, possessing the qualities and traits of both. We are neither human nor demon, yet we are stronger than both.”

Nero’s head lowered as he took in the information, Lady saw the shock on her sons features.

“Then that means…” Nero said looking at Lady before trailing off.

“I’m your mother Nero, yes.” Lady said her eyes full of tears of happiness.”

To the rooms surprise Nero smiled at Lady.

“I dreamed of a lady with your voice singing in my sleep, a lullaby, and always wondered who it was. Wait a second! That means Dante…”

“Darn right Kid, I’m your Uncle.”

Nero, Lady and even Virgil laughed at Nero’s face which was filled with mock-horror. Behind him the girl, Kyrie laughed quietly, seemingly very shy.

“Oh and this is Trish, you’ve met before, Trish posed as Gloria to infiltrate the the Order.”

“Nice to meet you as myself this time, Nero.”

“Well theirs one person who hasn’t been introduced yet,” Nero said with a glance behind him, holding her hand, “This is Kyrie.”

The young girl walked forward, somewhat hesitantly before smiling and bowing politely.

“I’m pleased to meet you all, its nice to know Nero, and hopefully I, have a family.”

“One big happy family Kid,” Dante laughed as he saw Vergil’s usual humorless stoicism, “Who wants pizza?”

There was a loud cheer from the gathered room, even Virgil who had taken a bizarre liking to Dante’s favorite food. Six devil hunter’s, or soon to be Virgil thought. However soon discussions would begin, like what about the Order of the Sword and the Devil Arms but for now he enjoyed the moment, filled with pride. His son was every bit the one he had dreamed of after all these years, full of confidence and power.

Top Bottom