• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
I don't like the way he is talking about the reboot. He makes it sound like they'll never go back to the man series. I'm a bit worried. I also don't get what he means by what made DMC cool originally was the time at which it came out. What made it cool for me was the gameplay and atmosphere, not the time of release. The lead designer himself has compared it to the Nolan Batman series in that this will be a darker taste, and I don't know how I feel about that. I'm gonna miss the gothic atmosphere.

Hopefully the gameplay will be good though and at least have some familiarity.

Asmodaius

I think it sounds good so far. They do seem to have a certain respect for the past series and this DmC is like their vision of a modern Dante and a modern Devil May Cry.

In the end, it is up to Capcom to choose if they wish to keep this new vision of DmC and renew the series, or go back to the old series and continue that. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
Respect for the original DMC? I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me like they just can't wait to scrap everything from the original and take the series in a completely different direction. They've already insulted Dante's old look and the creator of DMC in general (basically).

Asmodaius

They didn't insult either of them, people just see it as an insult because they are feeling overprotective to the old Dante and the old DMC overall looks. This is a reboot with their vision of how DMC and Dante should be like, and Capcom trusted them with this task. We'll just have to wait and see what it all turns out to be like.

darkslayer101

looks like the worked too much on creating dino...and i dont think they would change the character design...the say that the previous gameplay would be intact, but gameplay of dmc is nothing with dante...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Keep what was awesome and compelling about the canon? Do they not know that what was awesome and compelling was a white haired half-demon guy who was badass and hot without trying to be badass and hot? :dry:

Why do you have to change Dante to broaden and deepen the gameplay? And why the 1970's? What is wrong with you people?! No wonder everything in the game looks so...never mind, where's the Gothic theme? THAT'S what you're supposed to focus on, not the bloody time the game first hit the gaming world. I don't see the logic! A new modern Dante? From the 70's? WTF that makes no bloody sense!

Yeah, I'm not disappointed that the smoking skunk-head is Dante, but I am VERY disappointed that they didn't even bother to get Reuben Langdon to do his voice over. There goes all my theories and hopes *KABOOM!*

Although...@.@... it's Dante and they had him chained down...@.@...

I just hope the voice actor is alright. Else there will be fangirl rage from me. Big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom