• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video game Things that confuse me (WARNING THIS THERAD WILL CONTAIN A WHOLE LOT OF SPOILERS)

KRSkull

Well i went back and played Metal Gear Solid 4 and after i finished it i noticed something that really confused me. And since there are a lot of confusing things in video games. i decided to make this thread to talk about them and to try to clear them out.

KRSkull

"It's Open World."

Hits invisible wall.

!!!?

Well it depends on what you mean by invisible wall.

If you are talking about the invisible walls on the edge of the map. Well then there is a good explination.

1. To make the gamers be able to buy a game. i mean imagin a company released an open world game that cost between 100 - 200 USD. Do you think that people will buy it?

2. To prevent the console or PC from using a lot of memory which may cause it to fry.

3.To prevent the game from crashing and messing up the story.

If you are talking about invisible walls that shouldn't be where they appear. Well then there is a good explination.

An error that was overlooked

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's like going in a grocery store & expecting full store access to each shopping aisle but then the manager tells you have full store access to each aisle only after you spend $200 on milk.

Or going to a grocery store and getting a cheap lunch, but to get it, you'll have to defeat the neighborhoods best fighters in an all-out brawl for cheap food.
Ben-To%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2009.jpg

KRSkull

Yes but realism goes out the window when your objectives are beat a rival in a street race or defeat the giant knight & get the key.

It's like going in a grocery store & expecting full store access to each shopping aisle but then the manager tells you have full store access to each aisle only after you spend $200 on milk.

Why do you advertise open access & free roaming to each part but then when we get there we're told we're limited & have to work for that natural freedom just to roam.

Or going to a grocery store and getting a cheap lunch, but to get it, you'll have to defeat the neighborhoods best fighters in an all-out brawl for cheap food.
Ben-To%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2009.jpg

Well it depends on the which angle you are looking at things in games. your rival in a street race represent time. and in real life we are always in a race againts time. as for defeating the giant knight and getting the key the giant knight represent the challenges that requires some time and energy to finish. and the key represent the things you recieve after finish the challenge such as going home and taking a shower and lying in bed after a long day of work, getting pain at the end of the month...ETC.

As for the having to work for the natural freedom just to roam. Its like being a child and growing up. I mean there was a time when we were kids we weren't allowed to cross the street. back then our world was the house we are in and the back yard. and now as grown ups we can get in a plane and travel to the other side of the world.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
At the end of Portal 2, the Companion cube from the first game turns out to be fine, despite this, the community still feels the need to say they murdered it

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well i went back and played Metal Gear Solid 4 and after i finished it i noticed something that really confused me. And since there are a lot of confusing things in video games. i decided to make this thread to talk about them and to try to clear them out.
What was confusing about MGS 4? Maybe I can help clear that up.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wonder what the hell the architects in Prince of Persia were thinking when they designed the temples like that.

Oh you need to open this door? Well the only way to unlock it is by climbing these pillars and running along a wall to hit a button.

Like the only one who could open these doors are f#cking Spider-Man. (well me too as the Prince but you get what I'm saying)

Got to wonder if anyone questioned the blueprints.

KRSkull

What was confusing about MGS 4? Maybe I can help clear that up.

Well its about big boss

At the end of the game Big boss said that he was rebuilt using the parts of both Liquid and Solidus Snake. its sounds logical with all the technology they have. but what confuses me is that he is wearing an eye patch.

The Final Offer

Don't play coy with me. :D

You all know you've been promised an "entire world" to explore and ended up not being able to go someplace on your map because they lied. The textures are there and you can see it in the distance, but no...you can't go.

If you're going to make an OPEN WORLD game, then you're best bet would be to center it around a mass of water where the player can't get too far without there being some crazy consequence.

GTA V has this. These other games have you running into invisible walls.

So Vampire Wicked understood what I meant.

I hope the Witcher 3 pulls this off cleverly.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well its about big boss

At the end of the game Big boss said that he was rebuilt using the parts of both Liquid and Solidus Snake. its sounds logical with all the technology they have. but what confuses me is that he is wearing an eye patch.
Oh, that's simple
Every playable character Metal Gear needs an eyepatch

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well its about big boss

Because Big Boss always wears his signature eyepatch? Eh, it's just a thing. With him popping up surprisingly at the end of the game Kojima probably just wanted him to show up in all his Big Boss glory.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You all know you've been promised an "entire world" to explore and ended up not being able to go someplace on your map because they lied. The textures are there and you can see it in the distance, but no...you can't go.
Its just deceiving advertising my friend for ex: a HDD is advertized to be 500GB but you later find out that only 465GB is available for use.

Top Bottom