• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

very important

shaoren

first of i've been wondering why dante lost his akuna-matata ness in dmc2 and why did they turn back in time with dmc reboot? anyone have any ideas of these followign question? i was guessing tht with 24/7 nonstop fighting from dmc4,dante got ****ed off and got angry in dmc2 tht he had to fight and did not have time to eat pizza thr is this new mmorpg on closed beta on korea tht has exact same gameplay as devil may cry but isnt capcom's.. so why doesnt capcom simply buy tht game with a whole new story of how dante got his funny personality back after sleeping for some days in the demon world and how nero helped him out by making a small fake gate witht eh help of the holy knights which he now controlled then turn it into mmorpg sort off??? btw im new and ths is my first post,nice to meet you all

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well concerning Devil May Cry 2.

All we can guess is that since the creators of the game were not the same that made the original Devil May Cry, they tried a different way of making Dante "cool". Their own way. Since it "failed" in DMC3/4 they tried to make him more like he was in the first game in response to that.

The reboot was made because since Devil May Cry 4, Capcom wanted to replace Dante with something new. They tried Nero, but apparently they failed. So since adding one new character wasn't enough, they probably decided that changing everything and starting off from the beginning was probably their best bet to gain new fans.

There are both speculations, but I'm pretty sure it's close to the truth:D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
to be honest, capcom never really knew what to do with the series and kept making easy-to-avoid mistakes. I've loved dante in 3 but they made me hate him in 4/anime so im interested in seeing if i could like this new dante.

shaoren

well the majority of the people saying dmc3 dante sucks would be shocking as it was the best dante..

devil may cry 4 dante was too old...

instead of the stinky ninja theory,they should've paired up with ubisoft again and looked at the fact most fans like the gameplay then graphics and dante from dmc3 was the perfect for the fightign style..for was underdone...

if capcom has any brain,they would cancel it right away and continue from dmc2 making any sense of his seriousness as the story already makes no sense

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well the majority of the people saying dmc3 dante sucks would be shocking as it was the best dante..

devil may cry 4 dante was too old...

instead of the stinky ninja theory,they should've paired up with ubisoft again and looked at the fact most fans like the gameplay then graphics and dante from dmc3 was the perfect for the fightign style..for was underdone...

if capcom has any brain,they would cancel it right away and continue from dmc2 making any sense of his seriousness as the story already makes no sense
again? capcom has never worked with ubisoft on a devil may cry game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ubisoft's name is on the DMC3:SE so I guess they did something. It wasn't on DMC3:DA so they probably helped with Vergil? Or something.
woah! i never knew that considering i only played the original dmc3. but still i don't think ubisoft was apart of main gameplay/story/anything important like that.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
woah! i never knew that considering i only played the original dmc3. but still i don't think ubisoft was apart of main gameplay/story/anything important like that.

I agree with you completely. I never knew for years as well since it took a lot of motivation time for the SE to come in the PS2 version in Greece and was surprised:p

shaoren

how is it badly,well i didnt play dmc3 origional one btu i can say,if it's gameplay was as easy,simple and lame as dmc4,then i'd say ubisoft did a better job cause the gameplay of dmc4 was as bad as hell with all i hving to do was swing arround with the arm or bash them.

Top Bottom