• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's recollection:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
So guys this my first post about DMC 5 to say my thoughts about this game and I don't finish the base game yet or Vergil DLC, but I know story for both sides for normal camping and Vergil DLC and (I played DMC 3 SE and 4 SE (4 is same just played SE for Vergil), now the question is why after 3 Vergil forgot his family memories or even his favorite move with his brother (jackpot) why dose he rejecte his human side after he get his powers back (from broken V and defeated urizen).

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
now the question is why after 3 Vergil forgot his family memories or even his favorite move with his brother
I can answer that one, at least, right. Vergil's memories are fragmented because he got rid of them. It wasn't just Urizen and V. He rid himself of his memories and nightmares and that's what V's summons are. Read the manga.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
From what I can understand until chapter 13 manga V character is part of Vergil's memories and the nightmares themselves (he collected 3 of them).
and another thing is he got his name from his book but the question is V still has some humanity when he sees someone being attacked so he is a humble human and gives back what it belongs to or at least helps them (or maybe this because of his family memories).

(this my review for now I will post and update this topic and I must drop more details but this my first time and feel free to say your thoughts about my review)

Last edited:

Redcore

So guys this my first post about DMC 5 to say my thoughts about this game and I don't finish the base game yet or Vergil DLC, but I know story for both sides for normal camping and Vergil DLC and (I played DMC 3 SE and 4 SE (4 is same just played SE for Vergil), now the question is why after 3 Vergil forgot his family memories or even his favorite move with his brother (jackpot) why dose he rejecte his human side after he get his powers back (from broken V and defeated urizen).
He didn't forget "Jackpot". He's just saying "I have no recollection" like "I don't know what you're talking about". It is usually seen as comedy when a character does that to avoid acknowledging a past behaviour because he is ashamed of it.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
It seems after he became whole again with V (the human side) he decided to take everything seriously even we can see in doppelganger ex taunt and even he is serious but he still likes his book (the William Blake poetry book) so he appropriate art (not any art I mean classic music or poetry and fighting stylish (never attacked from behind as good warrior)) and finally he enjoyed a good fight with Dante so they are now together.

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
They don't outright say it, but Vergil is more accepting of his human side this time around after becoming whole again. You can tell by the way he looks at Dante and Nero after being restored; he's not angry or filled with a desire for power like he used to be, and he looks away as if the whole business has been somewhat shameful. He has much less interest in fighting Dante for the sake of it, and if you take the Vergil-Nero battle comments as part of the narrative then he actually wants Nero to give up fighting him as there's no real point to it in his eyes. (Or maybe he doesn't want to give his new-found child a beat-down, assuming Nero would be weaker than him). Vergil isn't rejecting his human aspects here, he's allowing them in for once.

But he's still Vergil with Vergil's personality, so he still finds it necessary to prove superiority over Dante in a fair fight, or to get irritated with Dante's glibness, or to pretend he doesn't remember saying "jackpot", or to try getting a higher score knocking out demons at the end.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
This means Vergil accept his human side and with this side he understands for once when he sees the tree that grown by human blood so he can't ignore such thing that dangerous for the human world and he gives Nero his book as a gift to keep it until they back from the underworld and I think this time Dante and Vergil together is unstoppable in front of Mundus to put an end to him once and for all (of course this my guess).

Last edited:
Reactions: V
Top Bottom