• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's part

Status
Not open for further replies.

soczi

Hi... I've played only the PC version of DMC3SE and I have a question:

Does Vergil have a part in DMC1? If so then what is his story, what happens to him?

Thanks for the help...

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Vergil was in DMC 1. As Nelo Angelo (you know, the DT form of the Corrupted Vergil costume)
After being defeated by Dante, Vergil fought Mundus, and maybe lost him.
Mundus brainwashed Vergil and gave him the power of Nelo Angelo. After Dante's appearance on Mallet island, Vergil (Nelo)'s task was to eliminate Dante.
After the third confrontation, Vergil dies (or not)

chimaira

Well Mundus, Says "Trish Vergil has been defeated" meaning that he is dead. But you never know in games anyone can come back from the dead.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
defeated does not nessciarly mean dead. but then again he could be dead? I don't belive that vergil appears in dmc 2. Does he? but my guess is that vergil is alive.

Scythe

They could've just made it look like Vergil died to make everyone belive that he really did die. But, if Mundus now did kill Vergil, why did he do it more differently than he did to Griffon? He could've just killed him the same way.

To me, it looked like Vergil teleported or was teleported of some sort. Maybe Mundus brought Vergil somewhere else to brainwash him even more to remove every single essence of his memory? Just that Dante defeated Mundus before he got a chance to.

Just a theory...

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Well, I said that some sort of "defense mechanism" exists. Mundus killed Nelo with it, he knew that lightning wouldn't affect him

Scythe

Dark Elf;14669 said:
Well, I said that some sort of "defense mechanism" exists. Mundus killed Nelo with it, he knew that lightning wouldn't affect him

But did he really kill Vergil with it? It could've just been used to disable him in order for Mundus to brainwash him more. There's no proof that this "defense mechanism" killed Vergil, or that Mundus used it to disable Vergil because he had bigger plans for him. I think things will get more clear in DMC 4, or in other DMC games.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Well, I don't think that Mundus was intended to lose such a powerful servant so he decided to go on risk

Scythe

Dark Elf;14674 said:
Well, I don't think that Mundus was intended to lose such a powerful servant so he decided to go on risk

If Mundus didn't want to lose such a powerful servant, it wouldn't make much sense if he killed him, now would it? After going through the trouble of turning Vergil into Nelo, it's surprising he would just kill him off because he begins to remember who he was.

Mundus could've easily brainwashed him again by taking him elsewhere, seeing as Vergil wasn't fully restored to his old self, probably not even near it.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Ah-ha! From the beginning, Nelo Angelo was not so powerful. He was weakened by the battles with Dante and Mundus.Mundus gave him power, but Vergil realised he can take power from his reserves. That's why Mundus killed him

Scythe

Dark Elf;14678 said:
Ah-ha! From the beginning, Nelo Angelo was not so powerful. He was weakened by the battles with Dante and Mundus.Mundus gave him power, but Vergil realised he can take power from his reserves. That's why Mundus killed him

There's *still* no proper proof that he died, and what are these "reserves" anyway. But I guess the upcoming game/games will reveal if he really did die or not.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Well his reserves are the power he gained after he became his ultimate form, Nelo Angelo. After he took off helmet, he got rid of part of armor that prevented him from getting more power

D

Deleted member 209

I don't think he's dead. I think Mundus is keepin him somewhere and he'll make another surprise appearance. In DMC4.. y'kno.. *HINT HINT @ the producers of the game*

:lol:

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Somebody here are saying Vergil is alive. Why won't he just die at last? His a$$ was kicked many times :lol:

D

Deleted member 209

:O what happened 2 u supporting Vergil!!

:lol:
I wonder y tho.. he seemed a lot more powerful then Dante.. I think he let Dante win him 4 some reason. Like when he was Nelo he could've let Dante defeat him 4 his own personal agenda..

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Vergil disappointed me.
I don't think he let Dante win and I don't also think Dante lost him because he wanted to. Originally, it was a tie. In the end, Dante wins 3:2

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
well Dante and Vergil can't really win againest each other. they are always going to tie, because their strength and powers are indentical. I've said this before i don' t think Vergil is dead. I think he's just kinda keeping a low profile for a while until he can figure how to open the gate to the underworld and get his butt kicked by his little brother again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom