• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Vergil's Downfall' DLC facts (Haters, Read this thread)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I'm really sorry about that, i will try not to mention the "haters" in the next time.
But it's just stupid how 2-5 comments on Vergil's DLC trailer on Youtube were just wrong facts and lies about Vergil's DLC and got many thumbs up and people now are all spreading the wrong facts. Thats silly.
People like those shouldn't be taken seriously. Kids or adults who act like kids who don't even bother to think rationally before saying something are nothing but ants. They're annoying but easy to deal with and in some cases, not worth dealing with.

crush

I'm really sorry about that, i will try not to mention the "haters" in the next time.
But it's just stupid how 2-5 comments on Vergil's DLC trailer on Youtube were just wrong facts and lies about Vergil's DLC and got many thumbs up and people now are all spreading the wrong facts. Thats silly.

I got some advice for you...Why not stop watching youtube?
I rarely watch it except for hearing updated music from my favorite bands.
It actually saves lot of amount of time in your life even stopping watching all the comments...don't be assimilated into the masses.
It also makes you very mentally healthier. No worries! be always youself!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The difference between placing a pre-order and purchasing a brand new copy is one thing, you cannot get pre-order copies when a game has been released. When games are released, reviews and playthroughs are released that help people make an educated guess on whether the full version of the game is worth buying.

I'm sure people can see where I'm going with this, the fact they used such a major bargaining chip this way, doesn't speak well on their confidence of the game.

I feel compelled to say that, in the past, I've seen that any game with exclusive content that we sell (I work at GameStop), especially something like dated codes for DLC, is usually packed into the new game's box, and not a code printed on the receipt at the time of purchase. Batman's Catwoman DLC was like that - a pack in. Or let's take games that offer Beta codes like Medal of Honor had for Battlefield 3 - usually a pack in.

The chances are high, and I'd wager that DmC's Vergil's Downfall DLC is one such thing, packed into the game's first couple of shipments, and ready for use when the DLC is available. They say "pre-order it" because that ensures that you get one of those first shipments, instead of a later one without said DLC. Either way, it still gives incentive to people who are going to support the companies buy purchasing new a copy. I hate DLC like this as much as the next guy, but this is the way of the industry right now :/ At least there is a way to still get it, and to even get it for free.

As for the DLC easily being fit into the main content, I doubt it, because they've been polishing the game for a while now, and in development, adding in extra content during the polishing phase kicks the whole game back by a few months, and pushing a game past its projected release date has a lot of monetary consequences. Try painting a portrait, and then having someone else want to be in it while you're pretty much done and simply adding in bits of color and shading - it's sorta difficult to do without unforeseen side-effects.

crush

Agreed.
If you rather not dispute they're nonsense with the information you've found then Just avoid the comments altogether.
I don't think many people take them seriously anyway.

Yup, Youtube is for fun! Not for hating or having heated discussions.
It has the function of doing it but there is absolutely no need.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Agreed.
If you rather not dispute they're nonsense with the information you've found then Just avoid the comments altogether.
I don't think many people take them seriously anyway.
Sometimes, I want to read the comments to find out what people think of the video. The sad fact is that the comments of those with genuine opinions of the game are lost in a sea of immature complaints.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Have you thought about joining Youtube *if you aren't a member already* & disputing they're comments with actual facts?
I tired that. I'd get downvoted to hell and mocked.
I'm a troll, or a plant paid by Capcom, I just like DmC because it's called Devil May Cry, etc. etc.
Now, it seems that the comment section is SERIOUSLY calmed down and thinking about the DLC like rational adults.
But yesterday, it was hellish.

crush

Sometimes, I want to read the comments to find out what people think of the video. The sad fact is the comments of those with genuine opinions of the game are lost in a sea of immature complaints.

Sadly, yes but I think that the majority in this forum can handle that, since they are tough enough to hold for two years of that.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Sorry for the double post, but as of now, Capcom-Unity, Tameem, and the official DevilMayCry youtube channel have all come out to clarify the DLC!
Haaaa...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Reward for what? having blind faith in what they have released so far when the main argument is "you haven't played it yet"

Blind faith? Really? I just like new Vergil and new Dante and the game. That's not blind faith, that's just intrest in a game. Like how people worshiped DMC3.

Also m100t8s
This is not a very good name for a thread, since it seems like spite.

Just ignore haters on youtube.

Like my grandfather once told me; "Haters ain't sh*t. They're just rugs to step on."

Devil Player

Yeah, I think it's quite clear that haters won't change their opinions.

We got it, they hate the game and they won't play. I think it's amazing they keep saying they hate the game. It seems they need to keep justifying to themselves, lol

Considering we're superior, we can only wish them good luck and Merry Christimas. We'll play our DmC demo and we'll buy our game to play it a lot.

The ending? Don't bet on it. :)

m100t8s

HO HO HO those haters will still end up buying the game anyway, and i f they dont i'll just give it to them for christmas just to **** them off :p
I have the same feeling too bro, They will buy DmC and like it. but they won't admit that they bought it or they liked it, They will still act like they're hating it 'cause they think they're a true Devil May Cry fans by doing that.
Pathetic people -_-

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Blind faith? Really? I just like new Vergil and new Dante and the game. That's not blind faith, that's just intrest in a game. Like how people worshiped DMC3.

Yeah... prob not the best choice of words, sorry. I think they released enough (too much tbh) to make an opinion on the content defiantly. I was thinking more on performance side and technical issues that may/may not be present.

Top Bottom