• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's abilities

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DmC Vergil needs the amulet to use doppelganger. his speed isn't really that high he mostly just teleports which is a different concept with similar applications. its unclear if DmC Vergil's teleportation skills require Yamato since he doesn't use other weapons but DMC Vergil can teleport while using Beowulf ( and probably other weapons but that is the only weapon he uses without Yamato) so there is no reason to think it is a trait of Yamato. so DmC Vergil can probably teleport without it. the only other notably fast thing Vergil does is iaido which requires a katana but works with any katana.

DmC Vergil needs the amulet to use doppelganger. his speed isn't really that high he mostly just teleports which is a different concept with similar applications. its unclear if DmC Vergil's teleportation skills require Yamato since he doesn't use other weapons but DMC Vergil can teleport while using Beowulf ( and probably other weapons but that is the only weapon he uses without Yamato) so there is no reason to think it is a trait of Yamato. so DmC Vergil can probably teleport without it. the only other notably fast thing Vergil does is iaido which requires a katana but works with any katana.
I think u r right since he can still teleport with the Beowulf weapon but in DMC4 dante gets the teleport ability while using the yamato and also in DMC5 vergil use the summoned swords to teleport (I think he can't summon swords without the yamato because when nero in DMC4 obtain the yamato he was able to summon the magical swords) which means vergils needs the yamato to summon the magical swords to teleport

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Thx, and Yeah vergil is a badass he is my favourite anime/manga character he is awesome

favorite anime/manga character? he did appear in the DMC3 manga but it still seems a bit odd to describe a character than originated in a video game and has had one manga appearance and zero anime appearances as an anime/manga charicer.

favorite anime/manga character? he did appear in the DMC3 manga but it still seems a bit odd to describe a character than originated in a video game and has had one manga appearance and zero anime appearances as an anime/manga charicer.
I really ment video game but I referred to it as manga and anime cuz before DMC was a game it was a manga and I thought he appear in the anime sorry :D

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

he appeared in the manga as gilver

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
That was more of a novel with some pictures than a manga.

Also, if the source of their DT is their amulet......then destroying or claiming their amulets they would lose that ability?

i guess. its never really explained (or never will be explained at this point i guess).

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I really ment video game but I referred to it as manga and anime cuz before DMC was a game it was a manga and I thought he appear in the anime sorry :D

you have it backwards Devil May Cry started as a game. specifically it started as a modification of a rejected Resident Evil 4 concept that included a glitch from Onimusha as a gameplay mechanic. the first, second and fourth games have light novels connected to them, the third has a manga and there is an anime but it started with the first game ( which is why this site has a section for each game but none for the manga and novels)

you have it backwards Devil May Cry started as a game. specifically it started as a modification of a rejected Resident Evil 4 concept that included a glitch from Onimusha as a gameplay mechanic. the first, second and fourth games have light novels connected to them, the third has a manga and there is an anime but it started with the first game ( which is why this site has a section for each game but none for the manga and novels)
Lol am so messed up, the point is vergil is awesome XD and thx for explaining

Top Bottom