• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil Spinoff

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I have come to the realization that if they were to do another anime of Devil may cry , it would be best to do it with another character as the lead other than Dante simply because you would have more room to maneuver . Besides people have been saying that they need more vergil, so supply and demand.
- the obvious problem with this is that vergil is mired with mystique and mystery even more than dante is. But there is an easy way around that. You don't set it in the past .
- There series should be set after the events with DMC1 with vergil waking up in the demon world unsure of he got there and eventually things escalate with him deciding to become the next king of hell.
- it would mostly be set in the demon world so it will give the animators a chance to be imaginative as well as there aren't that many demons that look demonic that are a part of the cast.
- it will have a more mature tone as we are dealing with the quagmire that is politics .
right now I'm sleepy so i will write more tomorrow.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil has potential still as a character, but I have a feeling they will ruin him if they try to bring him into another game or anime too prominently. Gilver, for example. I just didn't like him or the story involving him, even though they tried to continue to make him mysterious.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I have come to the realization that if they were to do another anime of Devil may cry , it would be best to do it with another character as the lead other than Dante simply because you would have more room to maneuver . Besides people have been saying that they need more vergil, so supply and demand.
- the obvious problem with this is that vergil is mired with mystique and mystery even more than dante is. But there is an easy way around that. You don't set it in the past .
- There series should be set after the events with DMC1 with vergil waking up in the demon world unsure of he got there and eventually things escalate with him deciding to become the next king of hell.
- it would mostly be set in the demon world so it will give the animators a chance to be imaginative as well as there aren't that many demons that look demonic that are a part of the cast.
- it will have a more mature tone as we are dealing with the quagmire that is politics .
right now I'm sleepy so i will write more tomorrow.

politics? why would demons negotiate with Vergil. they would just try to kill him (obviously they whouldn't be able to but then they wouldn't be alive so there still wouldn't be anyone to negotiate with). an anime about Vergil whould be a good idea but i don't think your idea would work well. it just doesn't fit the Devil May Cry universe. and if Vergil is the main charicter they are going to have to explain more about his past no matter when it takes place( the mysterious charicter never stays mysterious unless he is compleatly one dementional and main charicters need alot more depth than that) so they might as well set it before Devil May Cry3.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
could they really drag a 12 episode anime out just with Vergil as a main character?
Personally, I say no.
Plus, i don't think DMC fans wouldn't be happy if Dante wasn't in any of the episodes. Anyway, what's wrong with remembering him as the great bad-ass that he was in DMC3, don't you think now it would just be an excuse the mess up the story he has so far and the DMC timeline.

I quite liked Gilver... evil bad-ass.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Anyway, what's wrong with remembering him as the great bad-ass that he was in DMC3, don't you think now it would just be an excuse the mess up the story he has so far and the DMC timeline.

I agree. Keeping him as cool as he is now will be difficult enough let alone attempting to make him even better.

Top Bottom