• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vergil kill dante ?????

would vergil kill dante (and i mean really kill dante)

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • accidentally

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
hi

this has just this second occured to me
would vergil accually KILL dante
well i mean in DMC 1 during the first nelo angelo figh at the end we see dante and corrupt vergil fist fighting and vergil overpowers dante, and is choaking him, but when the amutlet get revealied and nelo runs away, now wht im thinking is that vergil discovered it was dante and broke control from mundus to get awy from dante, so that he dident kill him.

my second bit of evidence is the line
"might controls everything ! and without strengh you cant protect anything, let alone yourself" quote vergil

with that line hes basically telling dante to be stronger, and the next to fights are in a way a test from vergil, to see how strong dantes demonic powers are getting on

so i beleve that vergil may hate dante but he would never kill him

i don,t know tell me your opinions on the matter

Zato-OW

King
In the Manga Vergil clearly told Dante if he does not side with him or he gets in his way he will kill him and anyone who tries to stop him.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;178495 said:
In the Manga Vergil clearly told Dante if he does not side with him or he gets in his way he will kill him and anyone who tries to stop him.

The manga isn't cannon.

I don't think that Virgil has it in him. He won't kill his brother. Evan after all that has happened with him, he won't kill his own brother.

Evidence you say? Alright, one sec (Editing)

1st is at the top of Temnigru after thier first battle. He had every chance to kill him, could have done it right there with Yamato if he wanted to. But he didn't. He awakened Dante's powers on purpose.

Think about it. Virgil already had his power, so he must have known how to awaken Dante. Maby he thought that even with this power Dante couldn't stop him, but he wanted Dante to at least survive the opening of hell into the human world.

2nd is the last battle in DMC 3. During the last cut scene when the two fighters run at each other the last time, Dante wasn't the faster one neither did he swing with more skill. Watch the scene again, Virgil outright fails to swing. At the end he could not bring himself to kill Dante.

I also totally agree with your firs post, miss-darkside.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
Black Angel;178574 said:
The manga isn't cannon.

I don't think that Virgil has it in him. He won't kill his brother. Evan after all that has happened with him, he won't kill his own brother.

1st is at the top of Temnigru after thier first battle. He had every chance to kill him, could have done it right there with Yamato if he wanted to. But he didn't. He awakened Dante's powers on purpose.

Think about it. Virgil already had his power, so he must have known how to awaken Dante. Maby he thought that even with this power Dante couldn't stop him, but he wanted Dante to at least survive the opening of hell into the human world.

2nd is the last battle in DMC 3. During the last cut scene when the two fighters run at each other the last time, Dante wasn't the faster one neither did he swing with more skill. Watch the scene again, Virgil outright fails to swing. At the end he could not bring himself to kill Dante.

thank you

even power hungry,you still wouldent kill your own brother

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
miss-darkside;178594 said:
thank you

even power hungry,you still wouldent kill your own brother

*cough*
In DMC3 he stabs Dante with his own sword through the heart. Isnt that killing intent?
=D

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
DeviRyuuD;178621 said:
*cough*
In DMC3 he stabs Dante with his own sword through the heart. Isnt that killing intent?
=D

yeah but

i just don,t think vergil could do it

he was defending himself against dante

and he did awaken his demon form

Zato-OW

King
Black Angel;178574 said:
The manga isn't cannon.

Lol,last time I checked Capcom announced that the DMC3 Managas and Anime are cannon. So Vergil had no problem killing Dante. He would've killed Dante in their first encounter but Arkham stopped him(Arkham needed Dante alive to weaken Vergil.).Even though Dante gained his DT he was still very very weak(He faints right after Vergil leaves...) and he would've been killed if Vergil continued and obviously Vergil knew this. Stop making up stuff and go with real facts before you pick at my post.

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
well if arkham didn't interfere he would maybe have killed him. But he didn't because arkham's plan to obtain Sparda's power, which, would of failed anyway.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;178628 said:
Lol,last time I checked Capcom announced that the DMC3 Managas and Anime are cannon. So Vergil had no problem killing Dante. He would've killed Dante in their first encounter but Arkham stopped him(Arkham needed Dante alive to weaken Vergil.).Even though Dante gained his DT he was still very very weak(He faints right after Vergil leaves...) and he would've been killed if Vergil continued and obviously Vergil knew this. Stop making up stuff and go with real facts before you pick at my post.

Learn a few things before you pick at mine. Did you even read it?

Virgil stabbed Dante with Rebellion, not Yamato.

Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
*cough*
=D

If he wanted to kill Dante he would have stabbed him with Yamato, instead he awakens Dante's true power. Its hard to believe he didn't know that would happen.

Also the manga is only cannon in your fantasy world, Zato-OW. Raise a cannon point or shut up.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
Black Angel;178638 said:
Learn a few things before you pick at mine. Did you even read it?

Virgil stabbed Dante with Rebellion, not Yamato.

If he wanted to kill Dante he would have stabbed him with Yamato, instead he awakens Dante's true power. Its hard to believe he didn't know that would happen.

Also the manga is only cannon in your fantasy world, Zato-OW.

Well said

XD

i recon vergil isent as bad as people think he is

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
miss-darkside;178639 said:
Well said

XD

i recon vergil isent as bad as people think he is

Virgil fanboys tend to freak out when you threaten their image of Virgil being a cold heartless killing machine by implying his character has some depth to it.

"OH NO!!! I CANNOT HANDLE VIRGIL BEING MORE THAN A TWO DIMENSIONAL CHARACTER!!!! FANBOY OVERLOAD!!!"

At least I think there is more to him.

But knowing capcoms terrible writing and story, I could still be wrong.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
Black Angel;178641 said:
Virgil fanboys tend to freak out when you threaten their image of Virgil being a cold heartless killing machine by implying his character has some depth to it.

"OH NO!!! I CANNOT HANDLE VIRGIL BEING MORE THAN A TWO DIMENSIONAL CHARACTER!!!! FANBOY OVERLOAD!!!"

lol

I can say that
i think vergil is NOT evil

misunderstood

but

not evil

Railazel

Yes, he would. Vergil said that he wanted more power and almost killed Dante in the process (he just didn't finish him off) of searching for it. The only reason why he couldn't is because he didn't have much time to waste before anything else happens.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^He could have easily killed Dante at any point but didn't.

Your "He had no time" argument is bull****. If he had struck with Yamato and not Rebellion during the first fight Dante would be dead.

Wait, I said that already. Are you even reading the other posts?

Railazel

Hey, calm down, no need for cussing. Anyways, you're right on that fact. Yet, I could see that scene as a form of a diss (A warrior's sword is being used by someone else, then he gets killed by his own weapon. A major diss).

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Railazel;178651 said:
Hey, calm down, no need for cussing. Anyways, you're right on that fact. Yet, I could see that scene as a form of a diss (A warrior's sword is being used by someone else, then he gets killed by his own weapon. A major diss).

Nice point. I considered that for a little while but Virgil must have known doing that would awaken Dante because he had awakened his own powers already.

Zato-OW

King
OMG MAN OK HE STABBED DANTE WITH YAMATO THEN REBELLION, DANTE GOT HIS DT, DANTE CHARGES VERGIL, VERGIL BLOCKS THEN THROWS DANTE THEN VERGIL GETS READY TO FINISH DANTE OFF BUT ARKHAM STOPS HIM.<<<<<<<<<<<<< THIS IS KEY!!!! JESUS!!! There is a huge reason why Arkham stopped Vergil from finishing off Dante for the simple fact he needed Dante. USE YOUR HEAD! BTW HIS NAME ISN'T VIRGIL. HE TOLD DANTE IN THE DAMN MANGA IF HE DIDN't SIDE WITH HIM HE WILL KILL HIM AND ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW HIM OR STAND IN HIS WAY. Ah I think I like shouting.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
Zato-OW;178654 said:
OMG MAN OK HE STABBED DANTE WITH YAMATO THEN REBELLION, DANTE GOT HIS DT, DANTE CHARGES VERGIL, VERGIL BLOCKS THEN THROWS DANTE THEN VERGIL GETS READY TO FINISH DANTE OFF BUT ARKHAM STOPS HIM.<<<<<<<<<<<<< THIS IS KEY!!!! JESUS!!! There is a huge reason why Arkham stopped Vergil from finishing off Dante for the simple fact he needed Dante. USE YOUR HEAD! BTW HIS NAME ISN'T VIRGIL. HE TOLD DANTE IN THE DAMN MANGA IF HE DIDN't SIDE WITH HIM HE WILL KILL HIM AND ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW HIM OR STAND IN HIS WAY. Ah I think I like shouting.

alright calm down

i was wanting opinions

not arguements

:(

Zato-OW

King
I try but people miss obvious facts in games which is pretty funny when they try to say I'm wrong when they don't even know what they are talking about. I'll be chill though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom