• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil and the Beheilt: Would he do it?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
For those of you not up to date on your Artifacts of Doom, the beheilt of Berserk frame is a wicked artifact that activates when the user achieves absolute despair

(Beheilt unactivated)
berserk_behelit.jpg

(Activated)

7369%2520-%2520behelit%2520berserk.jpg

When activated, it transports the user and anyone around him to.....Hell is the best word for it.
There the 5 (formerly four, but they added a member) members of the Godhand promise the wielder unlimited power if they sacrifice people most important to them.

(The five assho-I mean Godhand)
god_hand____by_lonehungrywolf-d5jnm2a.jpg

My question, my sibs, is would Vergil (either version) pull a Griffith and say those damnable (literally) words: "I sacrifice"?

Rolanthas

Oh he wouldn't wait a NANOSECOND!

Hell, the behelit would go "WTF MAN, you just got me, chill!"

edit: Oh and he would probably steal another one for a second go, just to make sure.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
ahhh, good to see fellow Berserk fans, as far as your question goes, HE WOULD NOT HESITATE FOR A SECOND!

Vergil would hope at a chance for such a artifact in a heartbeat.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Personally, I think it would go like this

Void: Now, choose your-

oVergil: I sacrifice.

Void: Can I finish my-

oVergil: I said, I sacrifice. Make with the ultimate power!

Void: Fine, whatever. Next.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Void: Now, fufill your-

reVergil: I sacrifice.

Void: Really? Agai-

reVergil: I said, I sacrifice! Now suit me up in Ultimate power!

Void: Wow. You two....just wow.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well who would Vergil even sacrifice? Dante? Would he really do that to his only flesh and blood? I know the two fought a lot, but deep down Vergil still kind of care for Dante. Would he really kill the only person in the world he vaguely cares about?

Ask for new Vergil, I like to believe that he wouldn't do that and would like to kill Dante with his own hands.

Rolanthas

OG Vergil, I fully believe he'd do it in a heartbeat if he was told proper the power of the god hands. Dude seems fully capable of killing Dante even for the most menial of things ( " I want the amulet", " Oh I need to open the hell gate.", " How dare you climb my tower even though I specifically called you here ! " ).

DmC Vergil, yeah I can see he may wanna go toe to toe with Dante on a more level play field. Vergil's Downfall kinda impressed me that his priority now is to get revenge for his humiliation. His hunger for power is a means to ultimately eliminate Dante, rather that Dante being a means to obtain a higher power.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well who would Vergil even sacrifice? Dante? Would he really do that to his only flesh and blood? I know the two fought a lot, but deep down Vergil still kind of care for Dante. Would he really kill the only person in the world he vaguely cares about?

Ask for new Vergil, I like to believe that he wouldn't do that and would like to kill Dante with his own hands.
If he could he'd sacrifice his own humanity.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I am of the belief when Vergil 'killed' Dante on top of Temen-ni-Gru he knew it wouldn't even kill him, and it would make Dante stronger by awakening his power. Some people believe Vergil was "sacrificing" Dante on the tower but I think he was just setting up a theatrical fight so he could get the amulet - I don't think he has the sheer bloodlust to kill Dante for pleasure. But he WILL kill people who stand seriously in his way; Vergil's ties with humanity are all but dead if he had set off on the path to the demon world and refused to return to the human one with Dante at the end.

Almost divided on this. If Dante's life was an obstacle to ultimate power and the gateway to the demon world, that if sacrificed directly, would give him exactly what he wanted... yea, I think he'd go for it in the end because Dante and an ordinary life isn't enough for Vergil. But he's not at absolute despair at all. So I don't think he could activate the Behelit that way.

Kinda spooky you bring it up actually, I was totally planning on doing a Femto/Behelit artwork after I finished my P-Head one this month.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DmC Vergil, yeah I can see he may wanna go toe to toe with Dante on a more level play field. Vergil's Downfall kinda impressed me that his priority now is to get revenge for his humiliation. His hunger for power is a means to ultimately eliminate Dante, rather that Dante being a means to obtain a higher power.
This. This is why I love DmC Vergil so much.

Top Bottom