• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoserver

Made me want to hang myself, seriously. With the exception of Nevan(for some reason she gave me hell) I had no trouble with any other boss, but he wrecked me, even with three gold orbs and several vital/devil stars... Granted I have since beaten him but he's definetley up there as my hardest boss outside of Ninja Gaiden.

Sparda™

Roll when he's coming towards you to attack. Jump when possible, and use Beowulf always. Also Rebellion is a great help.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
If worst comes to worst, Jump Cancel him with Beowulf and the drop kick technique, can't recall it's name, but still, if you don't feel confident, stay away from him and trash him with Ebony and Ivory, avoiding him when he goes DT and evade his lunges, roll out of the way of his dimension cuts as well.

Sparda™

Use the Stinger with Rebellion when he's about to sheath the Yamato, or Air Hike and do the Killing Bee with Beowulf to catch him off-guard.

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
use trickster it will make the battle easier. or if you know how to use royal guard use it.swordmaster and gunsliger don't help in this battle it makes it harder

RazielVergil

chaoserver;85416 said:
Made me want to hang myself, seriously. With the exception of Nevan(for some reason she gave me hell) I had no trouble with any other boss, but he wrecked me, even with three gold orbs and several vital/devil stars... Granted I have since beaten him but he's definetley up there as my hardest boss outside of Ninja Gaiden.

don't worry jus keep on practicing n u will own him soon.i highly recommend u to use TRICKSTER for the final battle in all modes as it makes the battle much easier with its evasion moves...let me noe if u need help...until then GD LUCK

Sparda™

devil_slater.pr;95744 said:
use trickster it will make the battle easier. or if you know how to use royal guard use it.swordmaster and gunsliger don't help in this battle it makes it harder

Swordmaster is in fact for those who know how to play the game. Royalguard and Trickster make the game look easy.

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i know that swordmaster is in fact for those who know how to play.but it seems that this is hes first play through the game and thats why i said that TK or RG are better for this battle once he gets better it wont matter wich style he uses it will be easy.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
As Dante said Rebelion is your friend.

Ok these are Vergil's main attacks he'll use to rush you.

Rapid slash and stinger.

You should know how stinger operates and you should be able to easly dodge it by jumping or rolling.

I assume you have air hike?

Once you begin hitting him(after you've gotten close with a stinger) he will block with his arm.

Now once he's blocked you he will either do a Rapid slash, stinger, or Helm breaker.

Each can be dodged by jumping then returning his attack with a Helm Breaker.

This should stunt him allowing you to get in your most powerful attacks.

If you like useing beowulf I suggest you use it only when he is stuned. It should make killing him quicker... but more boreing.

Now you have a choice of styles.

Trickster is easiest because it allows you to rush him while he's performing Judgement cut.

And also avoid that Super judgement cut he does right before dieing.

I perfer sword master as it allows more damage.

When he throws force edge it can be held in the air by shooting it with Ebony & Ivory. Soon it will return to him.

Most people recommend to stay away from him while he is in DT

WRONG

By the time he turns back u might as well have gave him a vital star.

You got to options.

If your good and dont let yourself be intimidated by his DT attack him like normal, because he's no different.

Or get as close as you can and shoot him with the shoot gun.

His DT will go away damn quick if you use the Gun slinger charge shot.

To stop him with Rebelion simple bait him to attack with a stinger or Rapid slash, then stinger him.

Works everytime.

Now if you get caought in a judgement cut run side ways and you should miss it no prob!

When he does the continuous Helm breaker move just run and it won't hit you.

Be warned at the end you see him do a combo. When ever you see him do a Helm breaker followed by a combo he will do a stinger. ALWAYS!

Now when he does the super judgement cut...

RUN LIKE A CHICKEN WITH ITS HEAD OFF!

Or use trickster dash.

[EDIT]If you do an air hike, fall to the ground then do another one in the opposite direction they will not hit you.

Once its over he's open to damage.

If you follow that perfectly... you may not even take a hit.

Good luck;)

Rep+ would be nice people I hade to hunt for my PS2 to write this >.>

Sparda™

Here's some other tip.

Equip Kalina Ann and Ebony & Ivory, with Rebellion and Beowulf.

After you seize him off-guard, attack him Beowulf, switch to Kalina Ann and shoot him. Attack him again, and shoot him again. Do It three times only. The fourth time he'll block and attack you.

Sparda™

Here's some other tip.

Equip Kalina Ann and Ebony & Ivory, with Rebellion and Beowulf.

After you seize him off-guard, attack him Beowulf, switch to Kalina Ann and shoot him. Attack him again, and shoot him again. Do It three times only. The fourth time he'll block and attack you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom