• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

/v/ Style Tournament 3

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hey everyone :)

With the success of VST2 it seems another has been arranged to take place in August. It's currently open for sign ups so if anyone wants to participate go check it out!

http://challonge.com/VST3

Once again it's open to numerous games so you can show your style regardless of preference. Check the rules list for more information, I look forward to seeing you guys in VST3!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Website seems to be down, how can i enter or whats the details Spawn?

Really? the link works ok for me, either way you can sign up with a message to his YouTube account, http://www.youtube.com/user/vstyletournament

The rules are as follows (from the page above)

"
VST3 is here, you can view previous tournaments here
youtube.com/vstyletournament

and check out details here:
vstyle.99k.org

The deadline for this tournament will be August 23rd, 2013.

Note: There will not be tournament progression, this bracket is just to ensure that there is still an active base of participants. If you enter a submission without signing up, that's cool just give me a heads up

Submissions can be sent via email at vstyletournament@yahoo.com, as a private message through youtube (either through a file hosting sire or hosted on your youtube as unlisted). The recommended filehosting site is 4shared, but use whatever works best for you.

There are two different ways to enter
Traditional:
Pick a crazy game
Make a video showcasing that game (you can mix in games or characters if you want, move from Bayonetta to DMC2, or whatever makes you happy)
3 minute minimum, 10 minute Maximum for total video. Individual clips can be any length as long as they fufill rule conditions
You are allowed transitions and speeding up the video (25% max)
Clip must have you clearing a room of enemies (as in, no more enemies spawn). An exception will be made for basara, capture a camp and that will be considered “cleared”. AR is up for negotiation.
Boss fights are accepted
Game must be at the highest difficulty or near highest (DMD/very hard, lvl 3/die, v-rated/ultra, etc.). With regards to DMC4, SoS is accepted as “near highest"
Music overlays are accepted into entries***
Bloody Palace and BP style arenas are accepted
Super costume OK

Freestyle:
Pick a crazy game
Make a video showcasing that game (you can mix in games or characters if you want, move from Bayonetta to DMC2, or whatever makes you happy)
1 minute minimum, 6 minute Maximum for total video. Individual clips can be any length as long as they fufill rule conditions
You are allowed transitions and speeding up the video (25% max)
Text Overlays and Graphics are allowed.
There are no restrictions to what happens during the video, you can take out one enemy, you can take out all of them, you can showcase an ability (dodging everything in viewtiful joe with no slow, juggling a dead body in godhand, Royalguard showcase, etc.), anything goes as long as you can make it stylish
Boss fights are accepted
Difficulty Restriction lifted
Music overlays are accepted into entries***
Modifications and debug mode is allowed**
Bloody Palace and BP style arenas are accepted
Super costume OK

Gamelist:
DMC1-4
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Godhand*
Viewtiful Joe 1+2
Sengoku Basara
Ninja Gaiden 1-3
Metal Gear Rising
Anarchy Reigns
Other games you can think of can be accepted, but remember it’s up to you to make it stylish.
"

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
This time around I'll finally enter myself. I have some games and scenes in mind. I'm pretty stoked now.

Top Bottom