• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Upgrade Vergil's arsenal & playstyle?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Vergil needs to come back playable again DMC5 SE & DMC6.

Any thoughts on new weapons & his playstyle? Add V's poetry into his concentration gauge. That includes his own styles to match his brother's.

Hungry Alien

For Vergil, I would give him a stance system. This stance would be similar to Dante's Style (using directionnal arrows), but would freeze Vergil in place while he hold the stance. He would still be able to use his tricks to move. Each stance would have his own moveset using the triangle button (circle is still for tricks).

Stances would be inspired by different style of fighting with the weapon equipped. For example, the Yamato would have differents stances, with each stances corresponding to a katana school (Iaido, Aikido, etc). For a fist/feet weapons, stance would use different martial arts. I don't think a "troll" weapons like Faust Hat or Cavaliere would fit Vergil, so I assume most of his devil arms will be classic weapons with a DMC touch.

The only troll weapon I can see for Vergil would be a violon. Obtained from a succubus demon (like Nevan, whatever she is), it would be ice-based, with the bow being a dagger and the violon itself have a blade on it. So Vergil could strike with the violon. But the fun part would be the musical. Vergil would be able to summon ice bat and ice shard to attack while playing. For the animation, I would take inspiration from Lindsey Stirling style, with the stance taking inspiration from it too. While Vergil plays the violon, a melody bar fills. If you keep playing without taking hit, the bar keep filling. As you fills the bar, the Vergil's theme starts becoming a violon instrumental, and when fully loaded, the violon instrumental take on with chorus in the background. The attack becomes empowered, with the ability to summons environments hazards for enemies, like spike wall which make them bounce off or frozen grounds, and new properties for most attacks. Maybe add a new skin for Summoned Swords.
The bar become empty if Vergil take a hit or if he stop playing the violon, but you can switch weapons without disabling the bar. It will still decrease, but slowly, allowing to come back to the violon latter.

And for the fist/feet weapons, I'd like to have an exoskeleton like Devil Arm linked to the concentration bar. When the bar is empty, only Vergil's feet and fist are covered. But when filled, Vergil's whole body is taken on by the exoskeleton and it enhance the tricks.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For Vergil, I would give him a stance system. This stance would be similar to Dante's Style (using directionnal arrows), but would freeze Vergil in place while he hold the stance. He would still be able to use his tricks to move. Each stance would have his own moveset using the triangle button (circle is still for tricks).

Stances would be inspired by different style of fighting with the weapon equipped. For example, the Yamato would have differents stances, with each stances corresponding to a katana school (Iaido, Aikido, etc). For a fist/feet weapons, stance would use different martial arts. I don't think a "troll" weapons like Faust Hat or Cavaliere would fit Vergil, so I assume most of his devil arms will be classic weapons with a DMC touch.

The only troll weapon I can see for Vergil would be a violon. Obtained from a succubus demon (like Nevan, whatever she is), it would be ice-based, with the bow being a dagger and the violon itself have a blade on it. So Vergil could strike with the violon. But the fun part would be the musical. Vergil would be able to summon ice bat and ice shard to attack while playing. For the animation, I would take inspiration from Lindsey Stirling style, with the stance taking inspiration from it too. While Vergil plays the violon, a melody bar fills. If you keep playing without taking hit, the bar keep filling. As you fills the bar, the Vergil's theme starts becoming a violon instrumental, and when fully loaded, the violon instrumental take on with chorus in the background. The attack becomes empowered, with the ability to summons environments hazards for enemies, like spike wall which make them bounce off or frozen grounds, and new properties for most attacks. Maybe add a new skin for Summoned Swords.
The bar become empty if Vergil take a hit or if he stop playing the violon, but you can switch weapons without disabling the bar. It will still decrease, but slowly, allowing to come back to the violon latter.

And for the fist/feet weapons, I'd like to have an exoskeleton like Devil Arm linked to the concentration bar. When the bar is empty, only Vergil's feet and fist are covered. But when filled, Vergil's whole body is taken on by the exoskeleton and it enhance the tricks.

Are there any martial arts that can fit Vergil since Dante does boxing & capoeira?

How about other weapons like a kusarigama and a polearm?

Any attributes fitting like water, wind, sand and nature/poison? He did use Beowulf‘s element of light.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked V's summons so I'd give Vergil a summoner style. Apparently they were a part of Vergil's psyche so I'd explore that more.

Hungry Alien

Right now, I don't have idee for what martial arts would fit for Vergil. But since he will have multiple arts in my idee, I guess different styles should be better. Like an offensive style like the Bakom, and more defensive style like Muay Thay or Krav Maga. What could be interesting is the exoskeleton idee. It could sprout blade when fully grown, and since some martial arts can include the use of weapon (like the Bakom), it could have some synergy. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on some style, I'm not an adept.

For the weapons, I'd like to have a double edged Niganata. This would ask for precise moves, and would fit Vergil quite well. For the style, I would include acrobatic moves like the Satyrs in God of War 1 and 2. And maybe have the weapon able to switch for a dual blade style.
A kusarigama could be nice too, but it need an DMC add on to really shine, and I don't have idee right now for it.

For the attribute, it is only important if it hold a gimmick (like environment hazard for my violon). If not, it could be anything that look cool with the weapon.

Hungry Alien

I liked V's summons so I'd give Vergil a summoner style. Apparently they were a part of Vergil's psyche so I'd explore that more.
Unfortunaly, Vergil always fought himself. To change that would be off character imo. And he got his Doppelganger now. I would rather save the summoner style for another character.

But exploring the lingering trauma of Vergil's time as Nelo Angelo could be good for some development on Vergil.

Goldsickle

The maneuver where he quick-blocks or spins his sword to deflect projectiles should be available.
Imagine if you could utilize that on DMC3 Special Edition, up against enemies like Enigmas or when Beowulf launches his feather barrage.

The same with his parrying maneuver that causes Dante's sword to bounce back.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Unfortunaly, Vergil always fought himself. To change that would be off character imo. And he got his Doppelganger now. I would rather save the summoner style for another character.

But exploring the lingering trauma of Vergil's time as Nelo Angelo could be good for some development on Vergil.

It could work like Persona 4 where Vergil has to find and conquer them in order to use them. He could also fail to get them or even loose control.

windleopard

Are there any martial arts that can fit Vergil since Dante does boxing & capoeira?

How about other weapons like a kusarigama and a polearm?

Any attributes fitting like water, wind, sand and nature/poison? He did use Beowulf‘s element of light.

Right now, I don't have idee for what martial arts would fit for Vergil. But since he will have multiple arts in my idee, I guess different styles should be better. Like an offensive style like the Bakom, and more defensive style like Muay Thay or Krav Maga. What could be interesting is the exoskeleton idee. It could sprout blade when fully grown, and since some martial arts can include the use of weapon (like the Bakom), it could have some synergy. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on some style, I'm not an adept.

For the weapons, I'd like to have a double edged Niganata. This would ask for precise moves, and would fit Vergil quite well. For the style, I would include acrobatic moves like the Satyrs in God of War 1 and 2. And maybe have the weapon able to switch for a dual blade style.
A kusarigama could be nice too, but it need an DMC add on to really shine, and I don't have idee right now for it.

For the attribute, it is only important if it hold a gimmick (like environment hazard for my violon). If not, it could be anything that look cool with the weapon.
If Dan Southworth does the motion capture for Vergil, he could use some of the martial arts he practices like jeet kune do or kenpo.

Hungry Alien

If Dan Southworth does the motion capture for Vergil, he could use some of the martial arts he practices like jeet kune do or kenpo.
It would do, but I'd rather have some specific martial arts for Vergil. I think an art focusing on quickly dispatching the opponent in a more or less brutal way would fit him perfectly. That's why I mentionned the Bakom. But others arts could also fit, the most important to me would be to show Vergil's strick discipline in many martial arts.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It would do, but I'd rather have some specific martial arts for Vergil. I think an art focusing on quickly dispatching the opponent in a more or less brutal way would fit him perfectly. That's why I mentionned the Bakom. But others arts could also fit, the most important to me would be to show Vergil's strick discipline in many martial arts.

Maybe kung fu & muay thai? Do you have a link to this "bakom" I can't find it!!!

Hungry Alien

Maybe kung fu & muay thai? Do you have a link to this "bakom" I can't find it!!!

I can't find video about the bakom too. But in short, it's a martial art which focus on dealing huge damage to the opponent as quick as possible, with the use of hidden weapon allowed, and is considered a lethal martial art. Now that I think about it, maybe it is better to stick to less dangerous martial art for Vergil.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought about giving Vergil a style that manipulates gravity.

I also thought about expanding what he can summon as a weapon. He should be able to do more constructs than just swords.

Top Bottom