• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Upgrade from DMC 4 to DMC 4: Special Edition. Saves moving

Is it possible to NOT play the game from scratch again and have my "normal edition" saves on Special

• Yes. overinstall the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, move the saves to Special Edition folder somewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, git gud

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Seredith

Hey guys, I got a question. I've played DMC once before, like 6+ years ago. Didn't really get much from the game (early middle school). Now I... *ekhem* GOT IT (yo ho ho...) and played quite some time, but then I noticed the reason I'm playing Trish and Lady as playable characters) is not viable on my version so I am... *ekhem* GETTING the Special Edition version ATM. Question is, can I, like, overinstall the game to get Special Edition content on my saves, ot move my saves into Special Edition game? Any way not to play the game from scratch again? Thanks in advance, and sorry for being a filthy landlobber-not-so-much if anyone cares.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Nope, impossible, you'll have to replay from the beginning (you have all new characters unlocked from beginning and if it's about unlocking moves fast, simply play the LDK mode).

Goldsickle

(you have all new characters unlocked from beginning and if it's about unlocking moves fast, simply play the LDK mode)
Yes, this.

I got all the upgrades quickly from playing that mode first.
The game's experience and growth mechanics is kinda based on the enemy frequency of the default modes from the original 2008 release.
Meanwhile, LDK mode has more than 10 times the amount of enemies in a single encounter, meaning you'll get Proud Souls and Red Orbs at a higher rate.

Top Bottom