• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ultimate Spider-Man fan anyone?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm not a fan. infact i hate the series. but i do believe the new season debuts next week actually

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Ultimate_Spiderman_Dvd_ntsc-front.jpg

I love the game.... but the cartoon.. it killed my brain cells.

Fu*K that show.. i mean its seriously an abominable show how can people like that garbage ? i'd rather watch 70's spiderman
At least i can laugh at cheap animation and 60's pop culture.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
ok. well, lets all just take a breather for a sec. i may not like the series, but it does have some pretty nice elements. wipe away the deadpool like humor, it has a great story buried underneath. and the character designs are pretty sweet. i give the show that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Still, Spectacular Spider-Man was amazing and a very worthy successor to the great 90s cartoon of my youth.

Ultimate Spider-Man really disappointed me. I'm a massive Spidey fan. I'm a Spider-Man freak. F#ck the Ultimate cartoon.

Reactions: Jak

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Still, Spectacular Spider-Man was amazing and a very worthy successor to the great 90s cartoon of my youth.

Ultimate Spider-Man really disappointed me. I'm a massive Spidey fan. I'm a Spider-Man freak. F#ck the Ultimate cartoon.

I actually like it. The character design and everything is pretty sweet. It's quite humorous too. Although i never thought spiderman would be actually working in S.H.I.E.L.D. but what the hay.
There's something definitely wrong with deadpool's voice though. That's the only complaint i have. :/

Maxman

The comics ? **** YEAH
The Show ? HELL NO
STUPID CHARACTER DESIGN FOR SOME(YES, AM LOOKING AT YOU PETER PARKER), STUPID ASS VOICE ACTING FOR SPIDEY, STUPID ASS HUMOR, NOVA ANNOYS THE LIVING **** OUTTA ME, WHAT THE **** ? SPIDEY BEING AN INCOMPETENT DOUCHEBAG WHO CAN'T DEFEAT A VILLAIN ON HIS OWN ? STUPID-ASS GADGETS ?(Except that Iron Spider Suit), ****, AFTER ALL THESE ****IN' YEARS, THEY ARE SHOWING SPIDEY AS A ROOKIE SUPERHERO ? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE EXPERIANCED VETERAN WEB-SLINGER WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE ? ****
I have got much more to Complain bout, but these will do in the time being
I know this show is meant for Kids but goddammit, I just can't help it how much ****ed off I am bout this show
Guess I am gonna continue doin' what I do, just ignore this show
No Offence or disrespects to those who enjoy the Show, well, if you like it, then good for you
Just like Mr. Chancey, I am a Massive Spidey Fan and IMO, this was a Slap in the face to us Spidey Fans
Sony, do us a Big ****ing Favor, would ya ? Just get back the TV Rights and produce a New show with Josh Keaton which has the perfect balance of humor and seriousness(like SPECTACULAR Spidey) with the Art Style similar to DAT MTV Spidey Series, which had Neil Patrick Harris

Btw, Sorry bout my rant if it looks like stupid, but i just couldn't control myself

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
my gripe with the show is that they went though great lengths to completely make it more age appropriate for audiences of 8 to 14 years old.

it completely disregards the fans who love the actual Ultimate Spiderman Comics in favor of appealing to the younger masses.

I'm a big Spider man fan, especially the Ultimate universe Spidey which is my favorite one, so this show failed very hard at reaching my expectations.

Maxman

I'll never forget what Marvel did with Avengers EMH, Replaced Josh Keaton with Drake ****ing Bell ?
HELL NO !!!!
Man, I just hate it, Good Spidey Shows always get cancelled,
*Looks at 1990s Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited(Hey I liked it, good memories :p), Spider-Man TNAS and Spectacular*
I just don't get it........Why did Sony handle the Spider-Man TV rights back to Marvel ? They were doing a great job IMO

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think the biggest problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is that it tries to be too serious and too goofy at the same time.

I think Drake Bell voicing Peter Parker/Spider-Man isn't really a problem and also definitely not what's wrong with that show.

I miss EMH as well though. It had one of the coolest f#cking openings ever.

I love that sh!t. ^

Maxman

I think the biggest problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is that it tries to be too serious and too goofy at the same time.

I think Drake Bell voicing Peter Parker/Spider-Man isn't really a problem and also definitely not what's wrong with that show.

I miss EMH as well though. It had one of the coolest f#cking openings ever.

I love that sh!t. ^
Pfffft.
Son, you haven't watched this :p
:D

Btw, any of you thinking Spidey is suffering from a Curse that whenever he gets a Kickass Show, it always get cancelled ?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Pfffft.
Son, you haven't watched this :p
:D

Btw, any of you thinking Spidey is suffering from a Curse that whenever he gets a Kickass Show, it always get cancelled ?

What do you mean I haven't watched that Spider-Man series? Of course that's also awesome.

I'm confident I'm the biggest Spider-Man nut in this forum. :D

Maxman

What do you mean I haven't watched that Spider-Man series? Of course that's also awesome.

I'm confident I'm the biggest Spider-Man nut in this forum. :D
Yer the biggest Spidey Nut on this Forum ?
Then lemme ask you a simple question :p
Who voiced Spider-Man in the Games Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Hint : they have both voiced a SAME major Spidey Villain in the Game Friend or Foe and the Show Spectacular :D
If you give me the Correct answer, I'll reward you with Something Special :D

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yer the biggest Spidey Nut on this Forum ?
Then lemme ask you a simple question :p
Who voiced Spider-Man in the Games Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Hint : they have both voiced a SAME major Spidey Villain in the Game Friend or Foe and the Show Spectacular :D
If you give me the Correct answer, I'll reward you with Something Special :D

Benjamin Diskin. He also voiced Eddie Brock in Spectacular and for an added bonus he was Numbuh 1 and 2 in Codename: Kids Next Door.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ultimate Alliance 1 though had a different voice for Spidey. It was the guy who voiced Raiden in Metal Gear if I remember correctly.

Maxman

Ultimate Alliance 1 though had a different voice for Spidey. It was the guy who voiced Raiden in Metal Gear if I remember correctly.
That is indeed very correct, :D, Benjamin Diskin and Quinton Flynn :p
Nao heres the reward I pomised ya :D
spiderman-cookies-for-birthday-party-8069_362845054_o.jpg

Nao you may ask me any question in order to prove that I am a Spidey Nut too :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont hate it to the extent of other people but i would say its not that good of a show.

its decent but not great or "spectacular".

I mean it has a good idea because Spiderman becoming a SHIELD agent because that gives him the proper training and know how to use his powers properly etc and could be good thematic material with the moral quandaries of being a SHIELD agent etc but none of that is actually used.

Hell even the "friendship" with his teammates comes up flat so the only good parts are just the spidey canon elements and the few avenger team-ups.

Top Bottom