• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ubisoft: “Another big Assassin’s Creed” for 2011

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Following Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot’s hint at a new Assassin’s Creed for 2011/12, Ubisoft EMEA chief of marketing and sales Geoffroy Sardin has confirmed a new release in the franchise for 2011.

“Yes, Yves [Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO] mentioned it last week in our financials – and more details will be forthcoming,” Sardin told MCV. “But what I can say is that next year we will have another big Assassin’s Creed game.”

The latest entry in the series, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, did exceptionally well. Sardin says that the game was received much more positively by consumers (than Assassin’s Creed II) due to the game’s inclusion of a multiplayer component.

“Apart from the big marketing campaign that we started a few week ago, and which continues over the coming weeks, the main reason the game has succeeded is that we transformed the brand from a single player one to a multiplayer one,” Sardin said.

“If you compare [the 1m in a week] with last year’s ACII sales this is a big jump – so it’s a great achievement. It’s the best launch in the history of Ubisoft’s European sales, and our best-selling launch title ever.”

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood is out now for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. All of our coverage on the game can be read here.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/ubisoft-another-big-assassin’s-creed-for-2011

This is truly exciting news, and I can't wait for the next Assassin's Creed game. :D

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
another already? awesomeness hopefully they have a mode where to guys can play on the same split screen instead of just online

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i love AC....Brotherhood was fun and exactly what i expected...2 was story-drive and BH kinda balanced that by focusing on all the side stuff...hopefully now they can get back on track with the story and for the love of God maybe not put it in WW2....i was thinking about this the other day and the only logical place in my mind is feaudal Japan....i mean the ninjas would be assassins and samurais would be templars...it wouldn't have to be confined to japan, but i mean asia in general...it would be cool to assassinate Ganghis Khan....the weapon possibilities are also expansive and they can do much with the environment there...im really hoping, though, that at some point they'll do spin-offs with Daniel Cross and his family from the comics...it would be great to see him working with Desmond....unless, of course, he is Subject 16....lol

---------------EDIT---------------------

I found some news http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-what-the-next-assassin-s-creed-could-do.aspx

Top Bottom