• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Two Gran Turismo 5 News

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Source: “Not much hope” for Gran Turismo 5 in 2010

Gran Turismo 5 won’t make the holiday season, if sources of Eurogamer are to be believed.

Originally set to release today, Sony delayed the anticipated racer last month, but promised the game would still release “this holiday season.” According to Eurogamer’s source, however, there is “not too much hope” that it’ll hit retail this year.

Last month, Sony promised a new date would be set “before the end of the month,” but as we are now in November and still date-less, you can probably guess that didn’t happen.

We’ll mail Sony and see if we could get a word or two.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/source-not-much-hope-for-gran-turismo-5-in-2010

Original Article:

Industry sources have expressed concern to Eurogamer that high-profile racing game Gran Turismo 5 will miss Sony's promised "before Christmas" release date and instead come out some time next year.

One source told us that current schedules list the Polyphony Digital game as "TBC", and that there is "not too much hope" that it will hit shop shelves this year.

Gran Turismo 5, perhaps the most anticipated PS3 game ever, was scheduled for release today.

Last month Sony announced it had been delayed to "before Christmas", claiming "creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating a racing experience of the highest quality".

At the time Sony tweeted to say a new date would be confirmed "before the end of the month". That, obviously, did not happen.

Current UK retailer listings for the game offer a mixed message.

GAME says it'll be released in 2011, and it's without a release window at all on both Amazon and Play.

However, Zavvi and Shopto both say it'll be released on 3rd December.

While retailer release dates are often placeholder, they offer food for thought.

Despite the concern, Eurogamer has been told that Sony is sticking to its official December 2010 statement without providing a firm date.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-02-source-not-much-hope-for-gt5-in-2010

Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 discs “being stamped as we speak”

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo franchise, has told vehicle enthusiast site Jalopnik during an interview at SEMA 2010 that Gran Turismo 5 has completed development.

“The [Gran Turismo 5] discs are being stamped as we speak,” he told the site.

Earlier today, rumors surfaced that there is “not much hope” for a Gran Turismo 5 release in 2010. Yamauchi’s comments at SEMA may prove otherwise.

Let’s hope for the best.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/yamauchi-gran-turismo-5-discs-being-stamped-as-we-speak

Meg

I never liked Gran Turismo, but its gotten to the point where the delays are bothering me. This is such a joke. I feel bad for all the people that are looking forward to it. Watch it come out and not be that good. XD

Captain Ren

Tribble
i'm quite a happy it got delayed. why? because i pre-ordered the collector edition and it was coming out the same day as fist of the north star and god of war...

actually, i'm getting it for my dad. Just to be sure he'll get the goodies when he'll get a ps3 xD

Top Bottom