• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

tv shows, movies, and video games from your childhood that do/don't hold up

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i keep hearing that you should never go back and try to re capture entertainment from your childhood because it won't hold up. being myself of course i decided to go against this theory because...i can. so i went back and dabbled in what i could remember from my earlier years. it's a mixed bag really. some things do some don't

things that do hold up
*powerpuff girls
*samurai jack
*donner/singer superman trilogy
*superman tas
*batman tas
*spider-man the video game (ps1)
*megas xlr
*tmnt (2003)
*the batman

things that didn't hold up
*spider-man 2, spider-man 3
*tim burton batman
*goldeneye (video game)
*star wars episode 4
*blair witch project

now, that's my list. i'm still trying to figure everythign out as to why they may or may not hold up for me. a main theory i have is that the things that do hold up are things i took for granted and never looked back at and the things that didn't i kept hearing about and were so hyped up that they possibly couldn't live up to the overwhelming praise. but that's just a theory.
anyways, what are some that you have

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How does Original Superman trilogy hold up better than Spiderman trilogy? aside from some outdated CGI effects i think the spiderman trilogy holds up way better than the original superman trilogy.

and to my recollection the original spiderman PS1 games have a very archaic&stiff web swinging... it was Spiderman 2 which introduced proper web-swinging.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
How does Original Superman trilogy hold up better than Spiderman trilogy? aside from some outdated CGI effects i think the spiderman trilogy holds up way better than the original superman trilogy.

and to my recollection the original spiderman PS1 games have a very archaic&stiff web swinging... it was Spiderman 2 which introduced proper web-swinging.
i played spider-man 2 very recently so it's technically not part of my childhood. when i say "holds up" i'm speaking in terms of "how good it was to me back then and do i still get the same reaction seeing it now".
as for superman and spider-man, i really love the digital effects of spider-man and his web swinging. the action is fantastic where as the donner superman doesn't. but i'd take characters and narrative over action any day (that's just me). the donner/singer superman had characters i understood and cared for, where as by spider-man 2 and 3, the only character i didn't want to punch in the face was harry.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
when i say "holds up" i'm speaking in terms of "how good it was to me back then and do i still get the same reaction seeing it now".
Then its more about how your nostalgia holds up isn't it?

Something aging well has nothing to do with nostalgia at all..

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Then its more about how your nostalgia holds up isn't it?

Something aging well has nothing to do with nostalgia at all..
i thought about that as well, but if nostalgia was the true factor here, then i wouldn't be able to hold these things that don't hold up to a critical standard

Top Bottom