• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish and the Sparda Sword

Does the Sparda Sword give Trish Sparda's power?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • no

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't care! Trish is sexy!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm bored and I'm bringing up a topic I've never seen discussed on this board before so, here it is! Trish has the Sparda Sword and that blade contains Sparda's power so Trish is as powerful as Sparda when she uses that blade. How do you feel about this? Do you agree, disagree, don't care, or it doesn't matter because Trish is so hot that having the Spard Sword means nothing! Discuss!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think so as Trish isn't of Spardan blood.

She could still use it as a weapon and as a devil arm but she cant use its full power because she isnt of Sparda-n blood.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dont think so as Trish isn't of Spardan blood.

She could still use it as a weapon and as a devil arm but she cant use its full power because she isnt of Sparda-n blood.

Think of Sanctus. He didn't have Sparda blood ether yet he could use the blade's power. Granted not its full power because he had no love but you get the point. Trish had her human moment so she is totally qualified to use the blade's full power.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Think of Sanctus. He didn't have Sparda blood ether yet he could use the blade's power. Granted not its full power because he had no love but you get the point. Trish had her human moment so she is totally qualified to use the blade's full power.
ok so she can use it better than sanctus and arkham with less side effects but im not sure she can use it as well as Dante.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
So far there has been no sign that Trish can access Sparda's power but nothing has said that she couldn't. It would make sense if being a descendant of Sparda was a requirement but two humans with no connection to Sparda have used it. (The are reasons why they could be exceptions so we can't be compleatly sure.)

Agnus' experiments used Yamato and "fragments of the dark angel" (heavily implied to be Nelo Angelo). If Vergils power was what they used for the Ascention Ceremony than that would explain why Sanctus could access Sparda's power even being Sparda's descendant is usually a requirement.

Arkham is harder to explain but he knew enough that it wouldn't seem odd for him to know a way around it. ( not a stable method as shown by his giant purple blop form)

The only way we could definitely say that Trish can use Sparda's power is if we see her do it. Until then we can only guess ( my guess is no.)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it does. It's Dante's way of protecting her, by making her more powerful. By giving her the protection of both his mother and his father.

If they didn't give her the powers and protection that they gave him then they'd be hollow trinkets, orniments and nothing more.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It does not give her the power like it did to dante in the end of DMC simply because its coded by Sparda's blood

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Did the DMC games say that being of the blood of Sparda is needed to use the Sparda Sword? Because I don't recall such a statement being said. Now Sparda blood was needed to power the Savior but that monster is not Sparda or Sparda related. Its a machine demon that needed a super powerful power source.

Railazel

Did the DMC games say that being of the blood of Sparda is needed to use the Sparda Sword? Because I don't recall such a statement being said. Now Sparda blood was needed to power the Savior but that monster is not Sparda or Sparda related. Its a machine demon that needed a super powerful power source.

No, it was never said but implied by Vergil when said that Arkham couldn't handle it. Since Arkham became a disfigured monster while Dante was a perfect copy of Sparda in DMC 1. People took this to meaning that you need Sparda's blood in order to fully use his power and take his form.

What people don't often think about is that Dante's power was heavily implied to be Sparda's (as said by Griffon: "Your's is definitely the powers of Sparda; Phantom: No... The Legendary Sparda!?). So it could be that him taking Sparda's form doesn't have to do with his bloodline but by the fact that he was fully releasing his father's power, but this is only a theory.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
By marriage she is.
Truth be told other than some good theories no body can prove or dis prove whether or not Trish can use Sparda's power

Top Bottom