• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Transparency, might of figured it out.

Someone asked me to try and make them "Hulk Hands" the only problem is that The Hulk doesn't have green fire or shiny hands so I had to remove it. Whilst testing I may of found a way to make certain textures transparent.

I know there's red embers but they are a seperate texture I can't seem to find at the moment, but usually Eryx has a flame around the fist at all times. I've managed to hide it.

Original:
2416509-06_screenshot014_bmp_jpgcopy_thumb.jpg

Edited:
F3DB0FC70013F735B2D3460FDC4DD3FA82A3A478

Thoughts?

But isn't that because the default texture for it is already partially transparent?
All of the textures have a background and then the texture, the hair is the same and trying to edit the hair texture results in his hair looking like foil tabs. So yes and no.

How did you manage to make it transparent? Just curious?
Well I tried erasing the whole texture and messing with alphas but it turned them white, so from looking at other textures they all have a different colour background so I started to mess with invisible colours. Like greenscreens do, I found a colour that's slightly one higher then the colour black that worked but I've found out now that black works as well, I've tried this on a few other textures using the colours of backgrounds to try and paint over but it's not working. I'll have more of a mess around later tonight when I get a chance.

Top Bottom