• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toy Story 4

Is this this a good or a bad thing?

• Total voters

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I wonder how many cows the entertainment industry actually has to milk?

The way that I see it is that it goes a little something like this. They make a film that people like, they try to make a sequel that stays true to the first film to not displease anyone. They take a potential gamble with a third film, it either works or it doesn't. Though say it does work, that then means that they think they should make more. Then the fourth may be a complete disaster, and then everybody will forget the films or have less appreciation for them. Thus ruining what they worked on in the first place.

Viper

Premium
I wonder how many cows the entertainment industry actually has to milk?

The way that I see it is that it goes a little something like this. They make a film that people like, they try to make a sequel that stays true to the first film to not displease anyone. They take a potential gamble with a third film, it either works or it doesn't. Though say it does work, that then means that they think they should make more. Then the fourth may be a complete disaster, and then everybody will forget the films or have less appreciation for them. Thus ruining what they worked on in the first place.

That is what happened to Home Alone, more or less, I'm not sure how many people actually know about the fourth movie considering it never made it to cinemas. Though I doubt Toy Story 4, no matter what they do with it, will ever be the level of disaster that was Home Alone 4.

Viper

Premium
@Sunny: Home Alone 4 is probably not as big of a disaster as Home Alone 5 (I would assume) Not to mention Home Alone 6 when it's released. So yeah, I see your point and completely agree with you.
Omg, there is Home Alone 5? :eek: I am completely baffled at the fact our TV stations didn't try to torture us with it yet. I mean, they only have been showing first four so many times for Christmas people here started rooting for the bad guys.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Sunny: Yes, unfortunately there is. And Home Alone 6 is being made and set for a 2016 release.

Lol Yeah, hopefully Marv and Harry finally steal everything and get away with it.

@Chancey289: I tried looking up lists of upcoming Disney films. Not sure as to how much reliability the results held, but I spotted The Incredibles 2 a couple of times. So who knows? Only time will tell. I mean they are making Finding Dory (A sequel to Finding Nemo)

Plus they made a Bambi 2. And Bambi was made ages ago. So it's not too unbelievable that they would make an Incredibles sequel. The film did well from what I believe.

And when something does well, you make more of it *Points at Toy Story 4*

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Stuff like Toy Story 4 and a Finding Nemo sequel are so unnecessary though.

The Incredibles however was an amazing movie that established a really cool universe and great characters. Characters that we just want to see more of now since they are all back in the superhero game. I adore The Incredibles. Please, someone give us a great sequel.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: I do agree that Toy Story 4 seems pretty unnecessary. I'm not so against a Finding Nemo sequel, if it does turn out to be good. I just wouldn't suggest for them to milk it if it is received well.

The problem with it is that they don't really know where to let things end. When to leave a story alone. There is always someone that wants to pick up a story again from whichever point it left off and say, here's my ideas. That's why we get these movies that seem to just go on forever.

I think it's difficult to establish not only how something should be finished. But how it is going to make everybody feel. Whether they want to accept the ending or not. Remember that anybody can create a story. But figuring out how to end one, in which not only you but your fans will be pleased with is another thing entirely.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Stuff like Toy Story 4 and a Finding Nemo sequel are so unnecessary though.

The Incredibles however was an amazing movie that established a really cool universe and great characters. Characters that we just want to see more of now since they are all back in the superhero game. I adore The Incredibles. Please, someone give us a great sequel.
I'm with you on this, too, Chancey. I'm still eagerly awaiting a sequel to the Incredibles. Such an awesome movie!
And there are good sequels out there, like How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2, and Shrek + Shrek Ever After were decent.
Personally I hope they leave it at sequels and don't go onto thirds, it's just too risky. It becomes watered down and meh.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm with you on this, too, Chancey. I'm still eagerly awaiting a sequel to the Incredibles. Such an awesome movie!
And there are good sequels out there, like How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2, and Shrek + Shrek Ever After were decent.
Personally I hope they leave it at sequels and don't go onto thirds, it's just too risky. It becomes watered down and meh.
Of course there are good sequels, but I totally don't see any point to follows up to Finding Nemo and Toy Story 3. I don't know why people still act like Pixar is the kind of animation when Disney and Dreamworks have been releasing way better movies these recent years. Incredibles 2 is the only thing I want from them and I'll forgive garbage like the Cars movies and Brave if they make a great Incredibles sequel.

Speaking of Shrek, I think Shrek 2 is the best of them all. The only film in that franchise I think that really holds up and was actually great.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
... I didn't even know there was a Home Alone 4.

You would of missed 5 and 6 then too lol

I'm guessing probably because they went straight to DVD. No cinema release. Maybe TV movies or something. Either way, not as big to call themselves good Home Alone films to warrant a cinema release and any huge interest.

Top Bottom