• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 game sequels that NEED to happen

Meg

What are some games you've played that have to have sequels for whatever reason?

5. Just Cause 2- The controls and lack of checkpoints really hurt this game. I want there to be a sequel to fix these issues. I think Just Cause 3 can be really fun. *crosses fingers*

4. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time- Tools of Destruction didn't blow me away. It was good, but not nearly as great as the PS2 games. I wasn't enthusiastic about another Ratchet and Clank game. I thought the series had run its course. Then A Crack in Time came out. The Clank missions were awesome. I never liked his levels before, but I looked forward to playing as him in this game. The story and characters were the best yet. And the space exploration and side levels kept things interesting and the pacing fun. Plus! It ended in a way that demands a sequel.

3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Great game. Really really buggy. A sequel could probably fix all those bugs. (I hope) Not only that, but add in even more to make the world feel more real then it already does. Like guards that somehow know everything. In the sequel I want to be able to steal without a guard randomly appearing right after I do it despite being alone.

Alright, the order of these next two may annoy some people, so :p

2. Devil May Cry 4- Pretty much everything I could say about why there needs to be a sequel, random new characters, combat, odd story, plot holes, etc. have already been said many a times on these here forums. So I'm just gonna move on.

1. Final Fantasy XIII- And I don't mean FFXIV or FFV. I mean XIII-2. Why? Well despite being the only FF game to date that I like, a great battle system and a certain great character(you all know who I mean ;)) the reason I want a sequel is this. The story. What the hell kind of plot and ending was that? The plot, as messed up as it was, was even more messed up because of the underlying mythology that never gets explained. (Who the hell is Lindsey?) And what's with the Mary Sue stealin' Lightning's thunder? (No pun intended) I would be perfectly fine with just one game and done if it was done a heck of a lot better. I already have ideas kicking around in my head for what can happen in a sequel. Check out my fanficton.net page for the story.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Top wanted sequels

1. Final Fantasy XIII (After the events of FFXIII)
2. Final Fantasy VII sequel (After Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII)
3. Kingdom Hearts II
4. Devil May Cry 4
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Metal Gear Solid 4

Good thread. :)

Top Bottom