• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TMNT Out of the Shadows now available for PSN!

The Final Offer

BOOOM!

From what I've been hearing (and about to experience) is that the game has alot of fixes since the XBLA version. So whatever made the game as bad as it was is supposed to be gone. We'll see though!

The Final Offer

The game comes off as clunky but, if you take what I'm writing into consideration, you'll understand how the system works.

I'll give a few pointers of how the system works, tips, and the control scheme. It's not just senseless button mashing.

When being attacked enemies show a white, gold, green,or red aura around them.

White is easy to block and is one attack.

Gold is a combo with white as it's finisher (keep countering and you'll be fine)

Green is a power attack. There are two stages to countering these right before the enemy launches the attack and right before it connects. The better version is before the launch the weaker is as it connects.

Red is blockable on some enemies just don't expect to be able to attack until it's done. Red is also unblockable on enemies. I suggest evade or go full offensive on the enemy (not more than 1) capable of unblockables.

The camera is a fighter. It's not all that good in tight places or even setting itself in the right position to see oncoming attacks. Alot of off-screen power attacks create a "old school" difficulty. In short, they're cheap.

Each Turtle has a special weapon made by Donettello you need weapon points to use.

There are 3 game modes. Arcade mode (side scrolling),Challenge Mode (Round 1-4 across several stages great for learning how to play and it also gives you ability points to upgrade your turtles), Story Mode (split screen, single, or online).

Square to use your weapon, triangle to do kick combos, circle to counter (if two enemies attack at once double tap to counter), X to evade. R2 is your combat modifier, if you hold R2 and quarter circle,half circle, to full circle during combat, your turtle will perform a 90, 180, to 360 attack. Using R2 and the moves that go with it, depend on how you upgrade your turtle (It'll tell you how to use your moves.)

There are three special move bars. First is for 90 degrree, second 180, third 360. You can use three 90 degree attacks with three bars or you can use one 180 attack and one 90 degreee attack or you can deplete all three with 360 attack.

In combos, if you make it to 10 consecutive attacks, the color will change depending on the turtle you're using then you can do one Turtle power knock out attack TPKO. It's a stylish attack.

As you upgrade your moves you'll be able to do more damage and alter the ending to moves to increase the effectiveness of the moves.

There are side items like shurikens and other items that you can use in a jam. I usually forget them but, the difficulty of the game spikes to the point where it'd be best to use the items for an advantage.

Team attacks are also available and sometimes performing a TPKO can initiate a team ko. There are still alot of moves I haven't seen and alot of things I haven't experienced (Chapter 2). So, I'll let that be a surprise for you lot. Have fun.

Top Bottom