• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This is what gaming has come to be...

IncarnatedDemon

Yes, some content to be released as Resident Evil 6 DLC is already on the disc, including data for the "No Hope" difficulty and co-op for Ada Wong's campaign. But it's hard to get too angry about the controversy of on-disc DLC when both of those items will be free anyway. Those two freebies will be unlocked (and downloaded to completion) in a free title update soon, Capcom announced.

There will be paid DLC, including timed-exclusive content for Xbox, but that material is not already on the disc. Don't worry, though: if you still want something about Resident Evil 6 to complain about, there's always Resident Evil 6.

There is content on the disc that we haven't made avaible to you guys, so that later we can pretend we're giving you a "title update" to open this content, and say "FREE DLC for u by us Capcom the nice guy :D ".

Such transparent PR scheme. But do not worry, as sure there is FREE DLC, there is NON free dlc. WTF is this ****.

Please guys, tell me that you don't actually believe the disc locked content is actually free?
If you believe that it's free dlc, then you might as well execute me like Galileo :(

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There is content on the disc that we haven't made avaible to you guys, so that later we can pretend we're giving you a "title update" to open this content, and say "FREE DLC for u by us Capcom the nice guy :D ".

Such transparent PR scheme. But do not worry, as sure there is FREE DLC, there is NON free dlc. WTF is this ****.

Please guys, tell me that you don't actually believe the disc locked content is actually free?
If you believe that it's free dlc, then you might as well execute me like Galileo :(
There was a time when all content had to be on disc because they couldn't do this. If they're going to pull a stunt like that, it should be free if it was already on disc.

But if it's something like an extra campaign that has taken extra time and development that has been allotted separate of the main game, then I guess paying is okay so long as it is a lot of extra game hours.

So long as they don;t suddenly move into the 'micro transactions' model that some games move to, it's not the end of the world yet.

Top Bottom