• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This game feels... short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
The title says it all. I do each mission awfully quickly and always hope the next one is a little longer but, it won't give me any.

Why is there a mission that you can complete under a minute? Why are most missions completed in between 2 minutes to 5 minutes?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't really think there are answers to those questions. The game is indeed short and can be beaten in roughly a six hour time frame. I think it was meant to be that way.

fon

Crazy Chick
I dunno. Maybe you just beat it too fast?
It took me 20+ hours to beat the game when I first played it (otl) but now I can beat it in under 6 hours.

aka958

Don't trust people
fon;286264 said:
I dunno. Maybe you just beat it too fast?
It took me 20+ hours to beat the game when I first played it (otl) but now I can beat it in under 6 hours.

It is my first playthrough, I'm on mission 17 and just clocked past 6 hours and 30 minutes. >.<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dunno, though. The game is just right according to my standards. First playthrough on DMC3 it was beaten in roughly seven hours, and DMC4 first playthrough was around seven and a half. DMC2 was five hours, Dante and Lucia combined. DMC1 was actually 20+ hours my first time because it's difficult, but once you have enough skill (or Super Dante, cuz I'm a cheap bastard and I suck at DMC1. Not afraid to admit it.), yeah, six hours is about right.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, since their all time based...you can either have it as long as you want or short as you want. Of course, if the time is really long you won't get a good rating on it. They're pretty easy to beat. ^_^

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Zombie Killing Pro
Yeah I don't really feel that the game was that short, but Alot has to do with the time[eriod in which it was released. It the Game Had been any longer it would of needed 2 or 3 disks.
The Game feels short to you now, because your Used to todays games. And not the Early PS games.

aka958

Don't trust people
ProtoTypeRaavyn;288943 said:
Yeah I don't really feel that the game was that short, but Alot has to do with the time[eriod in which it was released. It the Game Had been any longer it would of needed 2 or 3 disks.
The Game feels short to you now, because your Used to todays games. And not the Early PS games.

*insert lololol*

No, no no no, did I forget to mention no?

I am used to games since the Nintendo 64 and PSX time. There are games that are HUUUGEEE on those consoles, bigger than what some modern games ever could wish for.

So:

I'm used to todays games? - Strong accussation to someone you know nothing about.

PS2 games not being long because of lack of space on a disk? - What? Final Fantasy X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom