• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This Dante that Dante

Arwen

Lost Soul
The top one was an early version of Dante and I think not many people liked that look so they changed it to it's present Dante. The last one might be a shot when he'd just finished fighting and his hair is all over the place. Like Vergil looked more like Dante when his hair was down.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
That makes sense, I like the present Dante better too. So he was an undecided pending Dante after all. ^^ It would also make more sense for them to simply make him look older instead of completely different.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I can't believe they redid the fist scene where you see Dante. He still kills the people but they removed the blood from his face which you see as he turns to face Nero. I though that was kinda cool. It gives you a sense that Dante might not be as good as he used to be.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
WAIT THEY CHANGED THAT!!!??? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, THAT WAS THE COOLEST FREAKIN SCREAN SHOT EVER!!

I swear im calm, please excuse the caps. Do you have a pic that you can show me or something like that?

Arwen

Lost Soul
Yep they changed this

336422247_ee8c83b45c.jpg

Into this

281295959_0202b5d746.jpg

Here's a cute pic

http://www.pspsps.tv/WE3dante01.jpg

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That blood made him look absolutely gawdly. *cries* Dude, my life isn't worth living anymore. Why did they change it? Maybe they'll change it back.

BTW I was gonna post that last one, but I posted the one with the sword instead. But yeah, it is cute.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Maybe they thought it was too bloody for Dante's character or that it might scare people. I really hope they reconsidered though.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To answer the original question. The first Dante was just to show us in a trailer, a little bit before Special Edition was made, that a new Devil May Cry was currently being made. Of course, no one liked that Dante, I believe he was made just to show us the trailer. From the background in the trailer you could see that they had already decided to use Europe settings.
The 3rd was after Special Edition was made, and after announcing that Devil May Cry 4 won't be for PS2. The trailer showed some scenes from all DMC games and in the end showed this Dante shooting. From that background you see the Ice territory for the first time.
Finally they "invented" Nero and the plot, and had to give Dante a more mature look to show that he is older than Nero and made the final Dante in the second picture.

morrigan

I hope they'll change it back too... Dante looked cruel... And it didn't scare me. On the contrary - I liked it. (sighing...)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
No kidding, cause a little blood every now and then DOES make the game more interesting, don't ya think?

Score! XD

morrigan

This Dante... That Dante... Actually, It doesn't matter. It's Dante - that a main point. I prefer last version of Dante (for DMC4) but i like that early version (winter's scenes) where he looks a bit older than in DMC3. I heard that Capcom will use that "digital model" in DMC5 (rumors) . I hope we'll see that Dante in action. He looks awesome.

PS: I like Vergil too. Riiight. Finally, they are incredible twins - stylish and powerful. Vergil's the one who can make me interested in playing DMC without Dante. But... I like Dante more.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
That last Dante you were talking about in the snow, I don't really like that one. I prefer the one in the very first teaser over that one.

morrigan

Really? Hmmm. I'm on the contrary... I prefer Dante from snowy scenes and indifferent to the Dante from teaser.

Top Bottom