• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This babe best before...

Viper

Premium
Trish is an artificially created being.
Her exact age is unknown, but it's certainly less than 20 years in first DMC. It could have been even so much as couple of years at that time, given that she was made to serve as bait for an adult Dante that hunted demons, and he had been officially in the business for about 10 years (if he was 28 in first game and 18 in prequel manga).

But that would mean either Mundus can shape his creations as adults from the start... or they are aging rapidly to adulthood.

Let's take the latter situation. If she aged rapidly till adulthood, what if at some point she again starts to age rapidly till her body is too weak and dies? It could also happen if she was a clone made adult from start, clones suffer from rapid aging once they reach certain point (something about genetic material not being freshened up, too lazy to go reading articles).

In other words, what if Trish had an expiration date that was approaching real fast?

If that happens, how do you think Dante would react?

Would he, after lot of screaming and destroying, learn to accept it?
Would he look for a way to stop it? Would he be ready to metaphorically sell his soul to the devil for a cure? Or even literally?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Viper
maybe he would go through all of those options in stages? like 5 ways to grief type thing.

there is the possibility of Trish not really aging since she might have born as an adult woman or given the ability to look like Eva by mundus in order to suss out Dante so you cant really say she went through accelarated aging. Lucia is more likely to suffer from what you established or maybe nero if the theory of him being an imcomplete clone ends up being true.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What makes you think she is less than 20? I would assume she is at least exactly 20 years old because of Vergil.

See, I always assumed Mundus's creations aged normally. Nelo Angelo looks to be about Vergil's proper age. How it is implied he had not seen Vergil since he was a child. Losing his whole family when he was 8. Only realizing Nelo Angelo was his brother after discovering the amulet and flashing back to a birthday party as children.

I'm sticking to Kamiya's story.

Soooooo yea. Unless someone flat out says she was born an adult, we can just assume that she was artificially created yes, but born and aged naturally in a way. Possibly why it took so long for Mundus to make his move. He had to wait. *shrugs*

Viper

Premium
What makes you think she is less than 20? I would assume she is at least exactly 20 years old because of Vergil.

See, I always assumed Mundus's creations aged normally. Nelo Angelo looks to be about Vergil's proper age. How it is implied he had not seen Vergil since he was a child. Losing his whole family when he was 8. Only realizing Nelo Angelo was his brother after discovering the amulet and flashing back to a birthday party as children.

I'm sticking to Kamiya's story.

Soooooo yea. Unless someone flat out says she was born an adult, we can just assume that she was artificially created yes, but born and aged naturally in a way. Possibly why it took so long for Mundus to make his move. He had to wait. *shrugs*
I know kids have a hard time coming to term certain adult will no longer be around, but Kamiya hasn't been around for DMC since that first one, and whatever his vision was for Vergil became non-canon once DMC3 came out. It's time for you to accept it and move on.

Even if we do take Kamiya's vision... why would Mundus create a warrior babe for a child Dante? That bait was meant for an adult demon hunter. A figure that also behaves like a loving mother dressed in modest clothes like Eva wore in that picture would have been more logical if she was meant for a kid. A future investment seems a bit far-fetched. Dante could have turned out entirely different, or he could have even died before that time. Besides, wasn't the novel also part of Kamiya's canon? Then again Mundus wouldn't have need Trish to send after Dante, cause he had Gilver, until he failed. But at that time Dante was in mid to late teens.

But with subsequent authors and their Vergil performing a judgement cut on any claimed background of Nelo Angelo, save for the fact that it was enslaved, possibly even a ghost, Vergil, it means Mundus had no idea Dante was alive until the twins stirred trouble. Vergil fell cause of his own overconfidence. Dante remained out of reach. So Mundus needed something to bring him in reach. That was Trish. Making the time between the raising of the tower and the moment when she came into picture around 9 years.

But amazingly, while her age and the possible side-effects of her artificial creation is the point from which I started the first post, the issue I wanted to discuss was - Dante. To be more precise, how far would he go for her.

@Z218

Ah, yeah, the five stages of grief do fit him. If she was withering away for whatever reason I can imagine it would make him feel helpless, and the kind of helplessness that makes one go mad when they realize they have destruction power but not the opposite.

Hmm, since I wanted to discuss reaction of people around them, I never thought about Lucia. She too is artificial creation, and yeah, could suffer some side-effects, especially cause her creator was a human dabbling in forbidden experiments. But with Dante in demon world, who besides Matier would even care about her? Tragic character she is.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If Dante was a momma's boy, sweet and maternal clone dressed modestly would work even to an adult Dante.Since Dante has mother issues, Mundus sent him a perverted clone of his mother dressed as a dominatrix.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm not even the biggest fan of Kamiya, I've criticized how much of a douchenozzle he can be in the past here. I just still dug his vision for DMC more than anyone else as Itsuno just crapped on a lot of things. He created plot holes and continuity issues (and poo pooed on the characters) so that's why I'm sticking to the original more than anything.

Top Bottom