• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The World of Betshai - Roleplay

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
((I'm doing this because I can never actually find the time to private rp with anyone (sorry to Dreadnought and Clairavance :/) So, now that I want to start a forum rp, I figured I'd push this on out there and see who wants to join. From the title, it's obvious that this isn't DMC oriented, but I hope at least a few of you like it...

P.S. I'm not attempting to steal any other rps thunder on this site :p ))

/The setting is a feudal Japan-type. I'm just going to lay down something to start it off, and then let you guys join up as you please. No Mary Sues, please. And don't spam or godmod. I will kick yer ass verbally. You don't have to do up a character web or anything, just contain the important stuff (name, appearance...other crap) In your first post xD/
-----

Once, long ago, there were two men. Father and son. They were both of light and evil, the son becoming a tyrannic warrior of death and destruction at a young age, and the father being peace keeper and defender of the innocent lives of everyone the young boy sought to destroy. The son summoned armies of demons and evil samurai to do his bidding while the father created the Empire, a massive kingdom built on the ideal of protecting all life.

It is said that the two warred over an artifact. The Pendant of the Lord Betshai, God of the planet. Such an artifact was said to hold immense, unimaginable power. The son wanted the pendant so that he could rule as the planets god, while the father wanted the pendant so that he could protect the entire planet from evil. Neither father nor son gained the power of the pendant, as they both slew eachother in battle.

With their death, the war that they carried on their shoulders died down as well. The lands of Betshai began to calm down, and all became at peace. It's rumored that the pendant still lies within the grasps of man, hidden, until a rightful owner discovers it, but it seems that for the most part, the pendant has been forgotten.

Humans thrive in large cities, while demons and other monsters dwell outside of the walls, stalking helpless prey in dark forests or lonely mountains. Out of the dead war, the former worldly government known as the Empire spreads around the world. Imperialist Samurai hold justice in place, while Ronin are hired to do the dirty work of clan lords and town mayors. Spies and ninjas perform covert activities daily, and entertainers dance in streets and expensive bars.

Life is as normal as could be...
Or is it?

Toshiro Umetora walked down a dirt road, heading towards the town bar, hoping for a drink after the showdown he had last night with the neighbor's kid. That little brat sure could heave a rock. Toshiro shook his head, rubbing the bump square in the middle of his face. His shaggy, black hair, and his raggedy, blue kimono made him stick out like a sore thumb. His katana didn't help.

He yawned, caressing the whiskers on his face as he stepped into the bar. The old, fat man behind the counter looked up at him, "You again! You stupid bastard! How many times do I have to tell you, stay the hell out of my bar!"

Toshiro frowned, "Shut up and give me two."

"Two... bottles?"

Toshiro paused, irked, "Nah, two prostitutes."

The fat man stood there, trying to comprehend the request. A vain bulged out of Toshiro's head, "YES! Two damned bottles!"

"OH! Uh, yeah sorry! Wait a second, you're not even supposed to be in here!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET MY DRINKS!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Is it alright for the pendant to have a guardian? I mean, that's what I want my character to be, is a guardian from above sent to guard the pendant from all who would want it, good or bad. Here's a pic.

http://ui09.gamespot.com/1000/balmung_2.jpg

That's okay, right?

Here's his biography.

Name: Toshihara Fukatsu
Biography: Born on Earth from the power of heaven, Toshihara protects the shrine in which the pendant is held. He lives for eternity, undying, to forever watch the pendant. Should one pure of heart find the shrine, it is he who shall test them. This doesn't mean he can't go out on his own. However, his extravagant appearance often brings about many odd stares. He has the ability to manipulate and control light and beings created from light. He can create weapons and clones of himself out of light, and can teleport by converting his body to light energy.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
((Alrighty. Just so long as you make him a bit flexible. I don't plan on really introducing the pendant till a while from now xD))

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;207460 said:
((Alrighty. Just so long as you make him a bit flexible. I don't plan on really introducing the pendant till a while from now xD))

Oh, don't worry. He can leave the shrine. In fact, he'll be as far away from it as you want him until the time is right.

Top Bottom